Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New semi build, what to get?

Last response: in Systems
April 26, 2012 4:42:36 PM

Hey, i need some advice on some new components to upgrade my gaming rig, what I’m after is a new cpu (I’m thinking i5 3570k)
a new mobo and a new graphics card, so what do you guys suggest?

i have £500 to spend but i can go over if it will be a good investment for the future.

More about : semi build

Best solution

April 26, 2012 5:04:27 PM

mercer95 said:
Hey, i need some advice on some new components to upgrade my gaming rig, what I’m after is a new cpu (I’m thinking i5 3570k)
a new mobo and a new graphics card, so what do you guys suggest?

i have £500 to spend but i can go over if it will be a good investment for the future.

if your pinching penny's the sandy bridge are still are a great gaming cpu. with ivy dropping soon the prices of sany bridge are going to drop too..giving you more money for the gpu. if you look the i5-2400 it cheaper and not that much slower then the i--2500. for the money right now the 6870 are a great deal if you can snag one. on nvidia you be looking at the 560/560ti.
also look at your power supply you have now..it age and it size,you dont want to danage your new parts if your old ps is under powered and fails. you also have another option that put the money in the bank and wait for haswel.
April 27, 2012 12:01:21 AM

+1 to pretty much everything smoriz said, those are pretty good options.
if you plan on the 6870, you should probably go quick, because amd either is stopping or has stopped producing them, but they are great cards for a reasonabl eprice.
Related resources
April 27, 2012 8:08:22 AM

i think im going to go up to about £650, i really like the look of the asus sabertooth z77 and a 7870 i will be a killer cobo with Virtu MVP.
May 4, 2012 8:43:57 AM

Best answer selected by mercer95.
!