Sign in with
Your question

Diablo 3 / HTPC matx

Last response: in Systems
April 26, 2012 5:17:38 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: close to 5/15 unless any good reason to delay

Budget Range: 600ish

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Diablo 3, running xbmc to serve up flicks to the TV

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, HD

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg, provantage, whoever really, as long as they are reputable

Parts Preferences: intel/nvidia matx build

Overclocking: maybe, not really sure at this point

SLI or Crossfire: not at this time but perhaps longer down the road

Monitor Resolution:1920x1080

Additional Comments: Quiet and small, looking to put this in my living room hooked up the the tv so the smaller and quieter the better. I'm really only going to be using this to play diablo 3 and running xbmc so the kids can watch whatever they want from our movie collection that will either be housed in a NAS or more likely right on this computer.

My thought at this point is to use a 2500k as the cpu unless there will be no decent price difference with the 3570k. If I would be able to run D3 at lower settings with the 3570 and no graphics card I would do that in order to save even more for a badass card in the future versus an OK one right now. I'm hoping to make this something that i can put some upgrades into in the future if I feel like. I'll be using the existing hard drives i have right now and will be upgrading to SSD down the line, I can even use the current case that i have if needed for a short time while continuing to gather up money for another.
Let me know what any of you guys think or what I've totally missed, its been a very long time since I've built a pc or even had one running that did more than just surf the web.

More about : diablo htpc matx

April 27, 2012 6:09:20 PM

If you are considering gaming with on-chip graphics, you may want to wait and see what AMD's Trinity brings to the table. Rumor's have it being pretty good on the graphics side of things.

If Intel is still your preference, what you've listed is a respectable build.
m
l
!