I have just overclocked my 2500k to 4.0ghz no problem, overall temp under load was 63 degrees, the hottest it got was when the 3rd core hit 73 degrees, all others stayed in the 60's. I want to know, is it better to OC the Turbo boost to 4.0 or the overall multiplier to 4.0? i only did turbo boost to 4.0, my personal pref for temps is lower than 66 degrees Celsius. Any tips?
* disable IGP so now Virtu can't be enabled (unless you want it, I don't)
* hit multiplier to 42
* disable turbo boost
* disable speed spectrum
* disable internal PPL overvoltage
* long and short duration times, set them both to 150...
* make sure power saving features are enabled:
C1E, C3/C6, CPU EIST
* set hardware monitor | fans no less than 62.5%
* XMP RAM
* save and exit
* boot into windows
check temps and decide if you want to go for higher clock..
your making things way to difficult for a K series chip...