indychevy

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
IVe been having issues with my monitor losing signal followed by a computer restart.

Specs:
CPU: intel i3 2120
PSU: APEX AL-D500EXP 500W ATX12V
V-Card: xfx radeon hd 4670
windows7 64-bit

Basically what happens is i'll be enjoying an mmo and without warning the monitor will say it has lost signal, sound will continue to play for 3-5 sec(not looping) after monitor loses signal, then once sound ceases the computer will then restart itself. I have already looked at all the temperatures and everything is staying cool. The power supply i have is above the recommended size for the video card so it should be getting enough power. All drivers are updated.

I guess i just want to know whats causing this problem and how do i fix it. Ive done everything i know to do(granted that may not be much). Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

indychevy

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
for more clarification when i say "without warning the monitor will say no signal" im referring to the fact that there is no fps drop in game, no screen tears, no dots, no deformation, its as if i unplugged the dvi cable

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yep, heat and power issues will do that. As will a defective GPU. Make sure your fans are working properly and that the inside of your case is clean (you might need a can of compressed air). Do you have access to another GPU that you can swap for troubleshooting?