2500k Video Card Matchup

recontech

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
So Im wanting to match up my 2500k i just ordered with a MSI Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB

I plan on getting this than sli later. was wandering if i should I should move up to a GTX 570 since I Scored a lil more in Taxes :)

thanks guys

oxiide

Distinguished

This is what I'd do. Either look for a GTX 660/670 or take advantage of AMD being forced to drop their HD 7xxx prices as a side-effect.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

you say that as if it is a fact that that will happen. that is to say the the gtx's will be better as well.

Oh i just love when people pass speculation on to people they perceive as less knowledgeable.

diec4st

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

I love AMD way more than Nvidia but it WILL happen. Just look at the die sizes... power consumption will be much higher too.

oxiide

Distinguished

What precisely do you think I said that was inaccurate, that AMD will probably have to lower their HD 7000-series prices when Nvidia's new series is released? I don't think that's a particularly risky thing to suggest, being that the HD 7770 hit the market at a pretty absurd $160.

In so few words all I meant to say was that with only a matter of two months or so until the GTX 6xx's are out, its probably smart to wait and see what happens. I did not mean to imply one series will be necessarily better than the other, in fact I think I mentioned both as options..

cbrunnem

Distinguished

ok fair enough. i misunderstood what you where implying. it sounded like you were saying that the new gtx series was going to be much better.

still though i cant see the high end cards costs going down. if the gtxs are better then i would assume that nvidia would sell them for more.