Asus P5K SE Motherboard Compatability with - HIS 6970 Fan 2GB GDDR5 PC

Hugo_21

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Hey Team, i have an Asus P5K SE Motherboard and am in need of a new graphics card. I have read around and have seen that people have advised the HIS 6970 Fan 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E 2xDVI/HDMI/2xMini DP graphics card. Can you please advise whether this will be compatible with my motherboard as it is a rather expensive Graphics card to let go to waste should it not be compatible.

the Graphics card Manufacturer HIS advised the below, can you confirm that this motherboard has 2 available slots?

PCI Express ® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot with 2 slots space available on the motherboard

thank you :)

Hugo_21

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
do the graphics cards also vary depending on the manufacturer? for example, the ATI 6970 can be made by HIS, ASUS, XFX, diamond ETC. Does that make them all the same card with just a different manufacturer? or are the cards actually different in specs?

Modepc

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

This motheboard has PCI-E 1.0 slot so it would be compatible with PCI-E 1.0 cards only. I've installed a PCI-E 2.0 card in this motherboard and it crashes and even sometimes won't even boot. I haven't tried the latest BIOS yet but buy that card at your own risk or locally so you can return it if it gives you trouble.

TRENDING THREADS