Solved

Can my AM2 Mobo support AM2+ CPUs?

This is my mobo and pc:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00906129&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3385410

I want to know if I can run AM2+ CPUs on my mobo, what do you need to do, to do so, and up to what AM2+ CPU would it run?

If you are going to say to buy a new mobo save the time because im not old enough to work and cant afford a new pc sooo yeah. :sweat: :heink: :sarcastic:
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mobo support cpus
  1. If you check the cpu tab on that link you will see what chips you can put in there, but no, no am2+ for that mobo sorry, unless a bios update has allowed for it, which in a prebuilt I doubt has happened
    Moto
  2. Best answer
    Motopsychojdn said:
    If you check the cpu tab on that link you will see what chips you can put in there, but no, no am2+ for that mobo sorry, unless a bios update has allowed for it, which in a prebuilt I doubt has happened
    Moto

+1

Most AMD board do supports newer CPUs but as that board is designed for HP, upgrading to a newer CPU is not an option. HP would rather have you buy a new PC.
  3. Best answer selected by koolkid193.
  4. If the answer was no, i wanted to buy the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+. So can i run that one or not?
  5. **From the list I mentioned,
    Socket type: AM2
    TDP: 89 watt
    Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 5600+ (up to 89 watt)
    Athlon 64 less than 4000+
    Sempron less than 4000+ **

So no to the 6k
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Support