Problems with new build

jedicass

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hi everyone, I just put this build together a few months ago and I have not have a problem until recently. I first noticed a few weeks ago when my computer screen spazzed out and the system crashed and failed to boot back up right away, but it did after sitting awhile. Then a few days later when I tried to come out of hibernate it would not. It would start to boot the fans would go but would then shut off. Again I shut it off and a few minutes later I booted it back up fine. Now once again the screen was freaking out when I came home, but the system was still in standby. I have turned it off but it is now failing to boot at all. All the motherboard lights are on but nothing powers up, even when I hit the motherboard power button. I also hear a whistling noise coming from the PSU, so I think it may be my PSU. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, so now the computer boots up, but the monitor stays in sleep mode, not sure what is up.

Corsair CX 600
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8gb RAM
Intel 2500k 3.3. Ghz @ 4.7 ghz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
XFX Radeon HD 6850
Corsair uForce 90gb sad
Seagate 2 TB HDD
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3
NZXT 410 Phantom Mid Tower

jedicass

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Ok a bit of an update. I still cannot get my PC monitor to work, but it will tirn on on my HDTV through HDMI. However I can boot into Ubuntu and Windowws sfae mode fine, but I can not boot into windows normally. It hangs right after the splash screen and before the log in screen. I cant seem to figure out whats wrong withh my computer....

TRENDING THREADS