Sign in with
Your question

Core 2 or Dual core

Last response: in CPUs
August 9, 2012 11:06:24 AM

Im planing to buy pc for brothers birthday.... he like playing games, so i wanna buy some medium good pc for gaming...

My options are:

Fujitsu Siemens Scenic Tower
Core 2 Duo 2.20ghz E4500
4GB ddr2 667mhz
Hdd 160GB sata
graphics int+pcie
dvdrw
win. xp

or

Pentium D dual core 3.4ghz
Ram 3GB ddr2
hdd 160GB sata
dvdrw
graphics int.+pcie
Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo tower

And i dont know what graphic card be the best for two pc-a, that they dont bottleneck pc.

One more thing, core 2 duo its a dual core procesor but more costs, and Pentium D is dual core too .. some peoples says the core 2 duo 2.2ghz is more powerfull than pentium D 3.4ghz ???

More about : core dual core

a b à CPUs
August 9, 2012 12:24:27 PM

Ignore the Pentium D series chips, they are old and based on the netburst archtecture.

Core 2 is an older design from the current Intel offerings, but is much much more efficient than the old Pentrium D's and uses less power too.

Graphics cards can be a tricky one, it all depends on your budget and what games you want to play.

August 9, 2012 1:43:17 PM

ulysses35 said:
Ignore the Pentium D series chips, they are old and based on the netburst archtecture.

Core 2 is an older design from the current Intel offerings, but is much much more efficient than the old Pentrium D's and uses less power too.

Graphics cards can be a tricky one, it all depends on your budget and what games you want to play.

budget khmm in about 60-80 euro
a c 478 à CPUs
August 9, 2012 9:57:22 PM

The Pentium D sucks. While the Core 2 Duo is a bit old it is still pretty capable despite it's age. The Pentium Ds are relics and should be left buried with the past.
Related resources
!