Sign in with
Your question

Mixing memory brands problem?

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
May 18, 2001 12:09:00 AM

I put Crucial PC2100 256mb unbuffered DDR-sdRam Cas 2.5 in my dimm bank 1 and generic stuff I got from Mwave.com PC2100 256mb unbuffered DDR-Sdram cas 2.5 in dimm bank #2. The computer recognized the added memory registered it correctly and windows booted up fine. However, when i tried to run a 3d app. I was immediattely booted back to the desktop. Shouldn't these two dimms work together, they both have the same specs? Or was the reason something other than the different ram?
May 18, 2001 11:27:14 AM

thats kinda weird there... Why are you mixing good stuff with generic..? If it was me, which it is in my comp, I got rid of the extra generic CAS 3 pc133 256 chip when I bought a new Corsair 256 CAS 2 pc150... there just wasn't any point risking stabilty any longer. Another thing is, what are you using your computer for too need 512 MB ? I would stick with 256 unless you can come up with a valid reason for using that much memory that you would sacrifice stability. Maybe also check your video setup... Good o'll microsoft can give people head-aches!

Anyways, I hope I could've helped.

asta,

Trak0r
!