Closed Solved

6950 Crossfire, Low GPU Usage in BF#

Hello all hope all is well with you,

I have been having problems with BF3 in that my crossfire setup will not go above 55% GPU usage over both GPU's. I have the settings on high, not ultra, with FPS around 55, and dipping to the high 20's. I have tried numerous solutions to try and fix this to no avail. I have tried installing a fresh windows install, disabling ULPS, different drivers and CAP profiles. The current drives I am using now is 12.1. heres my system specs:

Corsair HX850 PSU
2x Gigabyte 6950 1gb
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.6ghz
8 gigs g.skill ram
ASUS M4a79XTD EVO

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you all.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6950 crossfire usage
  1. Best answer
    are you playing the game in windowed mode? If you are then crossfire will not work and your computer will only utilize one graphic card. That is a beast of a graphic solution though that's definitely not you're problem. I run 2x HD6870s and can run BF3 on ultra (only 4xaa). However, before I upgraded my CPU I was having issues with BF3 stuttering and giving low FPS. I was running that exact same Motherboard with a Phenom II 945@3.4Ghz. Now I just checked my frames with the crossfire setup and my FX-8120 and I was averaging 85-90 frames.

This may not be you're issue but this was at least my experience hope that helps.
  2. Thanks for your reply Rage33, but I am running the game Fullscreen at 1920x1080.
  3. I think it has to be my CPU bottlenecking because I just overclocked it to 3.9 ghz to see what would happen and all four cores are at 99% usage, while my 6950's huddle around 60%-70%, so Ill be buying a 2500k in the next coming weeks.
  4. Best answer selected by hellspawn360.
  5. hellspawn360 said:
    I think it has to be my CPU bottlenecking because I just overclocked it to 3.9 ghz to see what would happen and all four cores are at 99% usage, while my 6950's huddle around 60%-70%, so Ill be buying a 2500k in the next coming weeks.

Good call, its kinda amazing how BF3 can tear through good hardware. the 955 is still a good CPU for most games lol. Good Luck
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Crossfire Graphics