Computer freezing at startup?! Not in safe mode!

mikeeb

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Hey guys. My computer has always gotten a few random BSODs, but nothing ever constant like this. Every time I try to log onto my computer, I get a x0000124 error. The computer does start in safe mode, however it is useless in normal mode. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to a fix for this. If it runs completely perfect in safe mode, would that mean that it is only a software problem? I had not installed anything new when this first started, so I am suprised why it just randomly began.

Specs:
Sandy Bridge i7 2600k
Gigabyte P67 UD4-B3
Bios: Award Modular Bios v6.00 PG
Hawk Radeon 5770 Video Card

Driver used the most: M Audio Profire driver

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to start in order to figure out what the problem is? I have tried msconfig with selective startup, unchecked load startup items, and then disabled all non microsoft services, but that has not helped. I also tried uninstalling my sound drivers to see if they were conflicting with the m audio, but this did not help..

If you want me to post the dump files, just tell me how and I will do it right away. Thank you SO much for your help I really do appreciate it. This has been nagging me for weeks and I have not been able to record anything :(

suteck

Distinguished
Usually if it runs in safe mode but not in regular mode it's been my experience it's a driver issue. I would go to the mobo website and update my drivers. And/or go into device manager and update hardware drivers through there. Just make sure that automatically update with windows support, online is the default.