krisco65

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I have search freakin everywhere and cant find an answer. My wifes desktop is hooked up through HDMI to our 60" 120hz LED TV. When we are watching video whether its hulu, youtube, or a video we downloaded there is screen tearing. I have turned vsync off and on to no avail. I tried to find specs of this video card but I cant find anywhere if this card can support 120hz or not. Thoughts?

Kari

Splendid
the main question is can the tv support 120Hz input signal or is it just making up all those extra images from a normal 60Hz signal...

also hdmi doesn't have enough bandwidth for 1080p@120Hz.

The card can handle it but looks like the rest of your setup cant.

krisco65

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
@darth Windows 7, HD 6670, Samsung LED 60" HDTV 120hz.

@Not sure I understand how hdmi doesnt have enough bandwidth to support 1080p @ 120hz when its a 1080p 120hz tv... how else would you connect it?

Kari

Splendid

thats why I asked if the tv actually accepts 120Hz input or is it just making up all those extra images from a normal 60Hz signal... My uncle has 600Hz plasma tv...

also whats the model number of the tv, just saying it's samsung doesnt tell anything

edit whats the highest refresh rate that shows up in the windows' display settings - advanced - display tab (my win7 is in finnish so the names for those steps are quesswork)