EBAY BARGAINS (2500k) !!

I cant believe it, ive just managed to bag myself a new boxed unopened i5 2500k on ebay for a measly £122- $190
with postage.

Is this the start of these chips becoming the bargain beasts for system builders ?

Myself this one is going into a mini itx gaming build with a GTX670/ H100/ ASROCK Z77E-ITX/ OCZ vertex4 256gb SSD build all going inside this case...

BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Cube Case







ILL be sure to post the final result in the system builders thread.
32 answers Last reply
More about ebay bargains 2500k
  1. Wow nice deal you got, I look forward to your completed rig.

    Also, I think so :lol: I recently grabbed myself an i7 2700k for around $230 USD.
  2. I want one of those cases, H100 is overkill imo, as you'll lose the optical but I suppose its not that important. M4 though if it was me.

    There's another one at 120 with 2 hrs to go.
  3. 13thmonkey said:
    I want one of those cases, H100 is overkill imo, as you'll lose the optical but I suppose its not that important. M4 though if it was me.

    There's another one at 120 with 2 hrs to go.


    Client wants H100...
    Client gets H100....
    Client is KING....

    Plus the H100 fits perfectly in the roof.
  4. client build, not self build, that's no fun then. :) although you do get to do more builds then.
  5. Really... Supporting apple with that case???.. yuck...
  6. You may want to tell your client that the Asus P8Z77-i deluxe is a much better board for OCing.
  7. Honestly i thought i was getting a decent deal when i spent 300$ on the 2600k brand new early release. The performance per dollar on non socket 2011 sandy bridge was great at the time so im not surprised.
  8. zloginet said:
    Really... Supporting apple with that case???.. yuck...


    Supporting Apple ? How the foook did you work that one out ?
  9. larkspur said:
    You may want to tell your client that the Asus P8Z77-i deluxe is a much better board for OCing.


    HMMM, sadly that board is not only £20 more expensive here but also does not fit in with the internal colour scheme of this build, and as im going to be cutting a window in the case to view the internals which will be bathed in a mellow purple light is very important for my client.
  10. zloginet said:


    Happy for you, but irrelevant when you live over 8000 miles from your nearest microcenter, me thinks the postage may take it a tad over that price, oh and then theres also the small detail of taxes.
  11. Uther39 said:
    Supporting Apple ? How the foook did you work that one out ?

    I think he's referring to the fact that the Prodigy looks a lot like a shrunken black-colored Mac Pro. Don't get me wrong though, I think it's a sweet case. A couple months back I did an i7-3770k build with a H80 in a Lian Li PC-TU200. It's a great portable for just about everything, but I'm still working on version 2 which will include a monitor on the flip-side of one of the side panels. But I love the cooling and layout on the Prodigy and it is only a hair larger.
  12. larkspur said:
    I think he's referring to the fact that the Prodigy looks a lot like a shrunken black-colored Mac Pro. Don't get me wrong though, I think it's a sweet case. A couple months back I did an i7-3770k build with a H80 in a Lian Li PC-TU200. It's a great portable for just about everything, but I'm still working on version 2 which will include a monitor on the flip-side of one of the side panels. But I love the cooling and layout on the Prodigy and it is only a hair larger.



    Then he is a plonker... As that is hardly supporting Apple.
  13. Touch wood it slips through and you don't get collared for VAT on it, always a bummer:(
  14. MINI ITX BUILD

    SPECS

    2500K OCd to 4.5ghz
    H100 Cooler
    ASROCK Z77E-ITX Mobo
    8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    OCZVertex 4 256gb SSD
    BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Cube Case - Midnight Black
    BitFenix Spectre PRO 230mm Blue LED - Black x 1 - front intake filtered
    BitFenix Spectre PRO 140mm Blue LED - Black x 1 - Rear exhaust
    BitFenix Spectre PRO 120mm Fan Blue LED - Black x 2 - H100 exhaust roof

    ITEMS TO COME..

    Corsair HX650w PSU
    MSI GTX670 GPU








    WILL POST MORE WHEN COMPLETE.
  15. Awesome!

    I plan on building my dad a system with this case too, he'll be upgrading from one of his P4 rigs to this ;)


    Tell me how's the cable management in this case!
  16. amuffin said:
    Awesome!

    I plan on building my dad a system with this case too, he'll be upgrading from one of his P4 rigs to this ;)


    Tell me how's the cable management in this case!


    Its OK but you do have to be creative, the PSU compartment has to basically be used for tucking and hiding all the cables.
  17. So modular is the best option here? :heink:
  18. amuffin said:
    So modular is the best option here? :heink:



    Its a must and the smaller the PSU the better, hence im going with the Corsair HX650w unit as its one of the smallest ATX out there with 150mmx150mm dimensions.
  19. Cool! Pics of cables plz :)
  20. looks really nice, if I have to work away for a period and rent, I'm building one.
  21. Wow this is turning out to be a sleek build...Now I want one :lol:
  22. More pictures on the way at the end of the week.
  23. Cool, thanks for the pics! I plan on having either my Dad's or my next build in this thing. :) Will be Custom WC'ed too :D
  24. OK all done just waiting for the GPU now....









  25. And the proof in the pudding...




    Thats right got a stable 4.8ghz in the end.
  26. nice, just nice
  27. That's one sexy beast...
  28. Are those fans loud?

    Can you also take pics of the cable hiding? :)
  29. The fans are so so quiet shhhhhhhhhhh....

    All the cables are the other side of the PSU.
  30. So im puzzling over the side vents which are unfiltered and will feed cool air to the gpu fan..

    So ive come up with a couple of ideas one of them is to apply this to the side panel which i already have...
    DEMCiflex Dustfilter set for 280mm Radiator - Black/Black [2x140mm Square black mesh/magn]


    The other thing im thinking of doing is an acrylic window which is kind of my signature mark but at the same time leaving the metal holes in place like this.....


    Any body any thoughts considerations ideas ??
  31. Heres a look at the side panel, obviously i will utilize some of the mesh for the windows...

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Build Ebay