Which would you rather have?

Would you rather have: cheap games and expensive consoles or cheap consoles
and expensive games?

Expensive consoles and cheap games is the inexpensive of the two...
next?

"cunning linguist" <cunninglinguist@cl.com> wrote in message
> Would you rather have: cheap games and expensive consoles or cheap
> consoles
> and expensive games?

"cunning linguist" <cunninglinguist@cl.com> wrote in message
> Would you rather have: cheap games and expensive consoles or cheap
> consoles
> and expensive games?

Cheap consoles with quality games at a reasonable price ($50 is just too
much)

"cunning linguist" <cunninglinguist@cl.com> wrote in message
> Would you rather have: cheap games and expensive consoles or cheap
consoles
> and expensive games?

For anyone planning to own more than a few games, I think the answer is
clear that an expensive console with cheap games is the most desirable
thing.

Myself, I have yet to pay more than $30 Canadian for an Xbox game, and
considering that my console cost a little over $200 when I bought it, I'd
say I have the best of both worlds at the moment. :) It pays to have a
little bit of patience when it comes to buying games, looking at used stuff,
or paying attention to what's available for Platinum Hits or other
inexpensive games.

the typical manufacturer's methodology should answer this:

sell a product that requires replacement parts. whether it's
replacement filters, brush tips, or extra cartridges, consumers will
spend billions on the parts while only spending a few hundred on the
actual product.

the cost of producing a console is a drop in the bucket compared to the
money to be made from cheap games... especially when dozens of
development and publication companies are climbing on board.

so yeah, expensive console... cheap games. that's my take.

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message

> "cunning linguist" <cunninglinguist@cl.com> wrote in message
>> Would you rather have: cheap games and expensive consoles or cheap
>> consoles
>> and expensive games?
>>

> Cheap consoles with quality games at a reasonable price ($50 is just too
> much)

That wasn't one of your choices.

- Cryo

And exactly what is the definition of "expensive" and "cheap" for the
console and games? $500 console + $20 games or $100 console and $75 games?

cunning linguist <cunninglinguist@cl.com> wrote:
>Would you rather have: cheap games and expensive consoles or cheap consoles
>and expensive games?

The latter. Consoles go down in price over time; new games more
or less don't, or at least not nearly as sharply.

--
"If the Democratic policies had been pursued over the last two or three
years, [...] we would not have had the kind of job growth that we've had."

Andrew, i have to disagree with your comment there.

The XBox price decline was very slow and hasn't moved much in quite a
while. i think it's now $149, which it's been for a while, right?

Games, on the other hand, with the exception of the Halo's and a few
others, drop almost 40% in price between 6 months and a year.

FABLE, released in September 2004 at $49.95. By March, it was $29.95
and is still going down. THUG2, released in October of 2004, but soon
after Christmas it started to drop. It's now $24.99.
A year after Voodoo Vince was released, it went down to $9.99 at Best
Buy... same with Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

Myself, i'd much prefer to pay a bigger one time price for the console,
than get hit over and over again with expensive $50 titles on every new
release... this would be fine if you only played two games or you
rented a lot.

just sayin' is all. ;o)