Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Craiglist Gaming Computer Help!

Last response: in Systems
April 27, 2012 7:34:02 AM

Hello guys, this is my first time on this forum. It would be great if you guys could help me out here.

I'm wanting to buy a gaming desktop that can handle diablo 3 at max settings.

Would this computer be a good buy?

Quote:
Cost is $740
Computer specs:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 (2 years left in warranty, just bought it brand new on 4/04/12)

Processor: Intel Core i5-661 3.33 ghz (2 years left in warranty)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB HD 7200rpm (2 years left in warranty)

Memory: Crucial 4 Gb 1333mhz RAM

Motherboard: AsRock H55M-LE (1 year warranty, just bought it brand new on 4/01/12)

Power Supply: Corsair Gaming Series 700W (3 year warranty, just bought it brand new on 3/25/12 )

CD/DVD Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS CD/DVD Drive (1/2 year warranty)

Graphics Card: XFX Radeon HD 5750 (Lifetime warranty after I transfer it to you. Just bought it brand new on 4/01/12 )
~And/Or~
PNY Geforce GT 430 (3 years after registration, just received a brand new one on 4/13/12)

Cooler: Cooler Master V8 (2 year left in warranty, just bought it on 2/25/12)

Keyboard and Mouse (Optional): Logetech mk550 Wireless Wave Combo. Still brand new, bought it a few days ago.

$750 w/o Keyboard and Mouse $810 with Keyboard and Mouse

As you can see, most of the parts are brand new. I have all the receipts for proof that they are new.

Any questions, or if you want to make a purchase, please email me at ************* to arrange an appointment

I need to sell this quick, Thank you very much. I will not accept sellers from the UK and Africa, I will report you to the FBI if you ask me to ship to your country. Exact change only.

~~~LOCAL PICKUP ONLY~~~~ ~~~I WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL PAYMENT, MONEY ORDER OR CHECK. THESE CAN LEAD TO SCAMS CASH ONLY~~~

~~~LOCAL PICKUP ONLY~~~~ ~~~I WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL PAYMENT, MONEY ORDER OR CHECK. THESE CAN LEAD TO SCAMS, CASH ONLY~~~

Best solution

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
April 27, 2012 7:50:43 AM

parts are a couple of generations old

you can do much better , with new components at the same price
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
April 27, 2012 7:52:41 AM

Yes it would BUT. That thing is INSANELY overpriced. Seriously, offer the guy 250bucks take it or leave it, that guy is smoking crack.

Also, I'm pretty sure most manufacturers dont honor 2nd hand warranties.
Related resources
April 27, 2012 8:05:20 AM

EDIT:

I did some research for it:

XFX-
Quote:
Limited hardware warranties for Graphics Cards may be transferred if the new owner registers online at http://www.xfxforce.com/ within 90 days of the transfer using the same Registration ID as the original owner. This new owner registration process is a condition precedent to transferring the limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards. The duration of the new owner’s limited hardware warranty will be limited to the duration of the original owner’s limited hardware warranty. If the original owner has a warranty for the duration of its life, the new owner’s life shall become the measuring life that determines the duration of the warranty.

You're in luck there. But again the guy is asking way too much money.

Power supply-
Quote:
Corsair® Limited Warranty

Corsair provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of Corsair hardware product purchased from an authorized Corsair reseller.

Intel-
Quote:
PRODUCT. WARRANTY COVERAGE TERMI-
NATES IF THE ORIGINAL SYSTEM CUSTOMER SELLS OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERS THE COMPUTER SYSTEM WHICH INCLUDES
THE PRODUCT.

Get the idea? I really don't want to go thru all of them, but just to give you a heads up. You could build a system like mine for that kind of money and get way better performance.
April 27, 2012 8:13:01 AM

Glad to see all of the Diablo 3 people on the forums lately! But I have to say, very simply, do not buy this! Save some cash if possible and get something else - whether you order your own parts or buy something else.

What class you gonna roll?
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
April 27, 2012 8:31:47 AM

I have edited this post so that it's a bit clearer. Someone sent an alert because they were confused about what was going on.
April 27, 2012 8:32:15 AM

niknovacain said:
Glad to see all of the Diablo 3 people on the forums lately! But I have to say, very simply, do not buy this! Save some cash if possible and get something else - whether you order your own parts or buy something else.

What class you gonna roll?

What are the choices? I'm still in Diablo 1 mode, I was a Sistah of da Sightless Eye.. Reprasentin! :o 
April 27, 2012 10:08:10 AM

thanks guys for the replies, seems like you guys saved me some big bucks

I'm going to try to put together a list of parts and see what you guys think

I played open beta this past weekend and played as demon hunter
I'm probably going to have to try out the other classes too before i decide haha
May 2, 2012 3:57:43 AM

This topic has been closed by Proximon
May 2, 2012 3:58:29 AM

Best answer selected by Proximon.
!