First time build - BSOD

Morney

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Hello all,

Yesterday I actually got around to building my first computer, I thought it all went pretty well. I had done a little research into the hardware and thought I picked all compatable pieces. As I loaded the operating System a BSOD appeared, and appeared everytime I tryed at the same point.

Here is a list of what I purchased:

AMD A6-3650 FM1 socket CPU

Gigabyte GA-A75M - motherboard

Corsair vengeance 2x2gb RAM

Case with PSU

Also have a 80mm case fan, 250gb Hard drive and a DVD/RW drive. But I dont believe these would play much factor in the BSOD.

Would the RAM cause a problem with compatability with the CPU? I wonder as all over the bos it talks about Intel CPUs but never mention AMD.

I installed the case fan on the back, and so the front has no fan, would the hard drive overheat because of this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Peter

niknovacain

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I doubt the Hard Drive had an issue with heat. At what EXACT point of the loading of the operating system does it BSOD? I assume it is the initial loading of the disk. I just want to make sure. When it is a very simple screen with just a load bar at the bottom. Correct?

Morney

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
So the first part of the load went fine, it went to 100% when formatting the hard drive. It then restarted the computer and started to install the drivers / devices, it got about 3/4 through each time and the BSOD happens.