New build no boot

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012
i just got a my new build made.. till yesterday it was working n today when i started it there was no boot... no mobo beep.. all fans working, mobo light working..
whats wrong ?

check the monitor power and video cable, make sure its set to correct input. make sure the video cable on your video card is secured properly, check power cables going to the video card

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

checked all cables... like i said i used the pc last night then no one touched it... moreover i was using it 10mins before it stopped working...

suteck

Distinguished
Try resetting the bios to default. When you turn it on and it just sits there you push the power button to turn it back off does it turn off instantly or do you have to hold it for about 5 secs? If it's the first then you're not getting out of bios, if it's the second you're not getting video. Let us know which one it is. Do you have a spare vid card to try?

What parts do you have? - Specs?

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012
i have to hold the power button for 5 secs
my specs :
amd fx 4100
asus m5a78 lx
asus nvidia 550ti 1 gig
corsair vengeance 4 gig
corsair cx430

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012
thank you guys for your concern... it was the cmos setting... i didnt understand what was wrong but my engineer did so its all cool now....! what the hell is cmos setting ? what could be wrong with it ? he did nothing but just pressed it or something and the pc started working..

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

If you would have followed the link I gave you above, you would have found this:

21. Have you tried resetting the CMOS? The motherboard manual will have instructions for your particular board.

and probably solved your problem a couple of days ago. :non:
Glad your back in business anyway. :D

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

i did follow it... though i didnt think that it was the problem so i didnt try it... also i didnt want to touch my pc again and create another problem...
can you tell me what this cmos is and how did that stop my pc from booting ?

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

That's the battery yes. If you remove it, it will re-set your bios to factory settings (which are usually enough to get you started).

suteck

Distinguished
Yeah, a piece of my advice was to reset the bios also, which means pushing the clear cmos button or pulling the cmos battery out which all will reset it to factory default. You should follow the advice given when asking a question and, as Chaz21 says, you would have solved your problem a lot quicker.