Everytime I try to download, I can only download 2 files from the internet
at the same time. Is there a way to increase that number? How do I set
Windows XP with IE6 to allow more than 2 simultaneous downloads?

Thanks!

Hi

Try the following link to Kelly's web site:

Line 55 - right hand side

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

Humpfries wrote:
> Everytime I try to download, I can only download 2 files from the
> internet at the same time. Is there a way to increase that number?
> How do I set Windows XP with IE6 to allow more than 2 simultaneous
> downloads?
>
> Thanks!

You have posted this to the following groups: -

Basics
Customise
General
Hardware
Help_and_Support
Newusers

Will you please learn to CROSSPOST, don't MULTIPOST! Learn the damned
difference!

Multiposting vs Crossposting

and

Please don't multi-post.
http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5003

on salads.

peter

....better still, post only to the most appropriate group.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
> Humpfries wrote:
>> Everytime I try to download, I can only download 2 files from the
>> internet at the same time. Is there a way to increase that number?
>> How do I set Windows XP with IE6 to allow more than 2 simultaneous
>> downloads?
>>
>> Thanks!
>

> You have posted this to the following groups: -
>
> Basics
> Customise
> General
> Hardware
> Help_and_Support
> Newusers
>
> Will you please learn to CROSSPOST, don't MULTIPOST! Learn the damned
> difference!
>
> Multiposting vs Crossposting
> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
> and
>
> Please don't multi-post.
> http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5003
>
> --
> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> on salads.

It's against the standard. You cannot do this. You are selfish. Your more than 2 prevents me downloading anything.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Humpfries" <humpdy85@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GFkpd.9109$sX5.2198@trndny05...
> Everytime I try to download, I can only download 2 files from the internet
> at the same time. Is there a way to increase that number? How do I set
> Windows XP with IE6 to allow more than 2 simultaneous downloads?
>
> Thanks!

"Humpfries" <humpdy85@hotmail.com> wrote
> Everytime I try to download, I can only download 2 files from the internet
> at the same time. Is there a way to increase that number? How do I set
> Windows XP with IE6 to allow more than 2 simultaneous downloads?
>
> Thanks!

"David Candy" <.> wrote
It's against the standard. You cannot do this. You are selfish. Your more than 2 prevents me downloading anything.

That "2" is "per-site", not "per-Internet".
When going through a proxy server, that setting effectively behaves as "per-Internet".

So this selfish prick will take up my connections to a server. You criminals amaze me with your attitude of stealing from ME.

http://www.uscricket.com