Backing up your Forza Profle

Since there are enough threads floating around that Forza Profiles can
crash quite easily I'd like to ask if you can back up your Forza
Profile by copying it to a memory card. I heard rumors either way. Some
say it is not possible to prevent cheating, other's say it is.

Can anyone confirm that you can back up your profile onto a memory
card? Does the profile get too big after a while? I do not own a memory
card and have previously seen no reason to buy one, but granted the
time I put into this game and being unable to save in multiple
locations make me weary of losing the profile.

Thanks for all and any help.

Alright, most forums seem to confirm that it is not possible to copy
your profile to a memory card. That's pretty screwed up, considering
that there are people that have lost their profile without the xbox
actually crashing during the time it saves. While I am all for trying
to eliminate cheaters they ought to save multiple copies of your
profile in the background that can be restored if one becomes
corrupted.

Oh well, I guess all one can do is hope and pray.

Well, I am looking for a *feasible* option. One that doesn't involve
modding or getting out the screwdriver. I heard that you can only use
your profile on your XBox, so it ought to be alright to copy it but
then there are always the AR folks.

I guess LIVE ruins it a bit, because if it wasn't for LIVE people
couldn't care less if other's cheated like there's no tomorrow.

"cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Since there are enough threads floating around that Forza Profiles can
> crash quite easily I'd like to ask if you can back up your Forza
> Profile by copying it to a memory card. I heard rumors either way. Some
> say it is not possible to prevent cheating, other's say it is.

I have tried backing up the game save for Forza and have discovered this is
not possible on a standard Xbox. If you attempt to copy the game save to a
memory card you will find that no option exists (where for most other games
such an option would exist) to copy your game save.

I normally use an Action Replay Max Drive to back up game saves or download
other peoples game saves onto my Xbox hard drive. However, none of this is
possible with this game. I believe the logic behind this feature removal is
to prevent gamers from sharing saves via the internet and 'ruining' the xbox
live experience for non-cheating live players. Personally I think this is a
really stupid idea and spoils an otherwise brilliant racing game.

Why stupid? (rant alert!)

Well, most Xbox gamers do not even have access to Live (less than 10% of
owners actually use Live) so why nobble a useful feature for 90% of your
user base just for the questionable benefit of less than 10%?

Secondly most people who do actually play Live are probably not even
bothered about how player X managed to complete his game (via cheats or
otherwise).

Thirdly, I paid £150 for my Xbox, £40 for my Live subscription, £25 per
month for my broadband connection and £40 for this game - why on earth
should I have some small minority group of players (i.e. those actually
bothered about cheating) dictating how I play my games?!

Fourthly, there is no way I will ever find the time required to completely
unlock this game. I suspect that those who do manage to fully complete the
game will again find themselves to be in the minority - most games will
probably never be completed. Therefore, I will only ever get to play with a
fraction of the cars available in the game due to the fact that I cannot
download completed game saves. How is that supposed to be good game design?

I almost returned this game to the shop because of this silly restriction,
however, the game is so outstanding in other areas that it is worth the loss
of fifty or so cars just to play it.

Microsoft need to get over this misconception that most players enjoyment of
an online game is affected by player rankings or how other players arrive at
their particular in game achievements. I, like most players, am not in the
least bit interested in being the best gamer in the world, I just want to
have fun playing the game.

It is not possible to create a fair online game and attempting to do so by
removing player choice and control merely makes a game less fun (and more
frustrating for most people).

(end rant)

Luigi.

Luigi, I fully understand your rant, I see it similarly. I feel that
there is a better way to detect cheating (aside from people modding
their box) than restricting the save game backup.

In any case though, I do think that most people will want to complete
most of the game. I want to get access to all cars, but I also want to
win all events. I actually see a desire to complete the entire game
because it forces you to use different cars all the time and to adjust
your cars setups to meet class requirements, etc. I find that very
refreshing, especially when compared to a game like SEGA GT where I
couldn't care less to unlock all cars because I race tracks over and
over again to gain credits. In Forza I try to complete all races
because I get new cars, I need to adjust my driving style and I
accumulate credits to modify cars or buy new cars. I find this an
awesome concept.

I also think that there are quite a few players on LIVE that would
rather race someone that has unlocked cars him/herself than cheated,
though I am sure the players that cheated are easily identified. I had
my friend over a racing my totally upgraded Nissan 350Z (I think it has
like 800+ HP) and there was no way he could race that thing because was
not used to it. I am sure someone that has unlocked the cars him or
herself and raced through most of career mode will be a better driver
on LIVE anyway.

In any case, just my two cents...I am pretty bummed out too that they
don't let you backup your save game. I'll be royally pissed off if I
lose my save game. :-/

Pipex News wrote:
> Well, most Xbox gamers do not even have access to Live (less than 10% of
> owners actually use Live) so why nobble a useful feature for 90% of your
> user base just for the questionable benefit of less than 10%?
>
> Secondly most people who do actually play Live are probably not even
> bothered about how player X managed to complete his game (via cheats or
> otherwise).
>
> Thirdly, I paid £150 for my Xbox, £40 for my Live subscription, £25 per
> month for my broadband connection and £40 for this game - why on earth
> should I have some small minority group of players (i.e. those actually
> bothered about cheating) dictating how I play my games?!
>
> Fourthly, there is no way I will ever find the time required to completely
> unlock this game. I suspect that those who do manage to fully complete the
> game will again find themselves to be in the minority - most games will
> probably never be completed. Therefore, I will only ever get to play with a
> fraction of the cars available in the game due to the fact that I cannot
> download completed game saves. How is that supposed to be good game design?

Here is how I backed up my profile's garage. I made a new profile called
"BACKUP" and did the Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 engine cheat to make virtually
unlimited money on the BACKUP profile. If you aren't aware of how to do the
engine cheat then check on www.gamefaqs.com and it will tell you how to do
this. Then I go into My Garage and at the bottom of that screen is an
option to purchase cars from your other profile. When you purchase cars
from the other profile you basically are just paying for a copy of that car
(you don't lose the car out of your original profile). You can then proceed
to purchase a backup of each of your cars from your regular profile onto
your backup profile. Then if for some reason you should have your regular
profile corrupted then at least you don't lose all the cars you've earned.
You will still have to race all the races again in Career mode, but think
how easy it would be to do that the 2nd time around when you already have
all your prize cars.

BTW: I did not use the money cheat on my original profile that I am using in
the game, I have won all my cars by racing in offline career mode.

BLACKCAT RACING

"cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Since there are enough threads floating around that Forza Profiles can
> crash quite easily I'd like to ask if you can back up your Forza
> Profile by copying it to a memory card. I heard rumors either way. Some
> say it is not possible to prevent cheating, other's say it is.
>
> Can anyone confirm that you can back up your profile onto a memory
> card? Does the profile get too big after a while? I do not own a memory
> card and have previously seen no reason to buy one, but granted the
> time I put into this game and being unable to save in multiple
> locations make me weary of losing the profile.
>
> Thanks for all and any help.

Thanks, John, that's an excellent idea. While tedious, it at least
preserves all your cars in case you profile crashes. It's like "Light"
backup.

Thanks again!

John VanGoethem wrote:
> Here is how I backed up my profile's garage. I made a new profile called
> "BACKUP" and did the Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 engine cheat to make virtually
> unlimited money on the BACKUP profile. If you aren't aware of how to do the
> engine cheat then check on www.gamefaqs.com and it will tell you how to do
> this. Then I go into My Garage and at the bottom of that screen is an
> option to purchase cars from your other profile. When you purchase cars
> from the other profile you basically are just paying for a copy of that car
> (you don't lose the car out of your original profile). You can then proceed
> to purchase a backup of each of your cars from your regular profile onto
> your backup profile. Then if for some reason you should have your regular
> profile corrupted then at least you don't lose all the cars you've earned.
> You will still have to race all the races again in Career mode, but think
> how easy it would be to do that the 2nd time around when you already have
> all your prize cars.
>
> BTW: I did not use the money cheat on my original profile that I am using in
> the game, I have won all my cars by racing in offline career mode.
>
> BLACKCAT RACING
>

> "cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Since there are enough threads floating around that Forza Profiles can
> > crash quite easily I'd like to ask if you can back up your Forza
> > Profile by copying it to a memory card. I heard rumors either way. Some
> > say it is not possible to prevent cheating, other's say it is.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm that you can back up your profile onto a memory
> > card? Does the profile get too big after a while? I do not own a memory
> > card and have previously seen no reason to buy one, but granted the
> > time I put into this game and being unable to save in multiple
> > locations make me weary of losing the profile.
> >
> > Thanks for all and any help.

TRENDING THREADS