Sign in with
Your question

Cpu Upgrade.

Last response: in CPUs
August 10, 2012 5:34:25 AM

Hey guys, I have a Gateway GT5622. I have slowly upgraded it and now its time for a new processor. Im mainly using this cpu for gaming. Right now it has Extra fans, 8800gt. Antec 500watt. I dont have alot of money to spend on this. 70 Bucks max. Ive got windows 7 home premium 64 bit. MY mother board is the one that came stock with the cpu. Suggestions?

More about : cpu upgrade

a b à CPUs
August 10, 2012 5:48:01 AM

Here is a list of all the CPUs are compatible on that chipset (945G):
http://ark.intel.com/products/chipsets/8765#compatibili...

That said, it is up to Gateway if they allowed support for all these CPUs in the BIOS. I'd make sure you were on the latest BIOS, check for readme files that explain CPU support, then find the best Core2Duo on the list that is supported. The E6700 is the fastest with 4M L2 cache and a 1066 FSB, so it would be the 'best' if the BIOS supports it...
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2012 5:54:19 AM

Oh, and FYI, I dug thru all the Gateway docs and found nothing other than it was only offered with the CPU in it (E2160).

Might find some luck on a google search for GT5622 CPU upgrade and see if anyone else has tried it and with what CPUs.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2012 5:59:43 AM

Unfortunately, there's really nowhere to go with that system. The only CPU it supports is the Celeron D, and you already have the next to top of the line. Time to retire that system. Start putting money away for a new system.
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2012 6:04:10 AM

My mistake. I called it the Celeron D, when I meant to call it the Pentium D.
m
l
!