Finalize my new build

eremyth

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Hello i posted recently with a build in mind, and after thinking on it i believe i have a final build. Before i spend the 1600$ though just like to see if some one could double check that everything is compatible together.

Thanks so much

http://amzn.com/w/2X760HGAD82ZM

xXmjzXx

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2012
here same monitor brand same size and cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FP7OYM/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

and why such a expensive key bored?

l0v3rboi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
If you're only worried about compatibility then yes, they are all compatible. There's a few things though I think you should consider:

1) Why i7? What is the build for? Are you running processor intensive programs? This also applies to the 12 Gb RAM. If its only for gaming, then 8Gb is more than enough.

2) If you drop the processor to i5 and the ram to 8Gb, you can easily afford a Radeon 7970.

3) Since you chose the processors with a "k" in the end, I would assume you plan on overclocking. Do you already have an aftermarket CPU cooler? You would need one for OC.

4) Do you plan to SLI/Crossfire? If so, then your PSU is good. If not, then you can probably drop it for a 600W or less PSU. You can also get the Gigabyte Z77-D3H instead of the UD5h. It would make your build cheaper.

eremyth

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

I will be using the rig in college for gaming, but also for video editing, photoshop, and programming. Also I don't plan to OC my build at first, but if i find that my PC is not sufficient down the road i will buy the extra after market cooler. I am not sure if the Radeon 7970 is really worth it, because i think the better cpu/ram will help with editing/rendering. I do plan on going SLI/Crossfire later on down the line as well.

Thanks for the advise.

l0v3rboi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012

Yes that's right. A better CPU/RAM combo is better for your purposes. I think you should get 16 Gb then. Perhaps you can switch your PSU to the Enthusiast Series? Lol. Amazon has such limited selection of parts.

eremyth

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

I received a Das keyboard back in 2006 ( second year they were open) as a gift and loved their quality and build. I have been using it for 6 years now and thought with my new build i might as well replace my keyboard, because its pretty worn right now. I would try the keyboards you have suggested but with 6 years of using the same mechanical switch when ever i type on anything else it feels very weird. Thanks for the suggestion though, i might see if i can find the black widow at a store and demo it.