Asus Geforce GT 520
 Motherboard:
Asus P55
 Power supply:
CorsAir gaming series GS 500WATT
 Hardisk:
WD caviar black 1TB
 Monitor:
LG - Cinema 3D - 23" ( Or any 23" full HD Monitor)

Is there is any advice , notice or suggestion ? :sol:
* no questions about prices :non:
30 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what
  1. No no no.

You want a s1155 motherboard and cpu, not s1156. s1156 is discontinued.

You can choose from Sandy Bridge or the soon to release Ivy Bridge. If you want suggestions on what parts to get, depending on your usage and budget, I suggest you fill out the new build form in the new build section of the forum.
  2. Do not get the i5-750. As of Monday it will be two full generations out of date. I'd recommend doing lots of research on the current state of components before making any purchases. Picking the 750 just smacks of not knowing what you're doing.
  3. Thanx geekapproved ,
    I ask for compatibility and performace .
    unfortenetly my budget doesnt allow to get ivy bridge or even sady bridge
    but can you more explain about " You want a s1155 motherboard and cpu, not s1156. s1156 is discontinued " , am a beginner :)
  4. thanx willard , thats what my budget allows :(
  5. He's saying you want a system based on the LGA 1155 chipset. That would be Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge.

What is your price range here? It's really hard to help when we have no idea what your constraints are.
  6. about 500-750$
  7. I'll use it in gaming (fifa 2012 , need 4 speed the - run) and in designing ( I use PS and C4D )
  8. I was intended to get i5-2500k ( the difference in price is very little ) but my freiend tell me that I should also get different MB with greater price Then I forgot that idea .
    So can I get the i5-2500k with a price that not much greater than this MB ?
  9. Schooly said:
    Thanx geekapproved ,
    I ask for compatibility and performace .
    unfortenetly my budget doesnt allow to get ivy bridge or even sady bridge
    but can you more explain about " You want a s1155 motherboard and cpu, not s1156. s1156 is discontinued " , am a beginner :)

Sandy Bridge doesn't cost more.

The platform your buying is discontinued, as in no longer made. It's a full 2 generations old.

You want to build a s1155 system, not a s1156 system. Price will be similar.

FILL OUT THE NEW BUILD FORM IN THE NEW BUILD SECTION AND CLOSE THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT REAL HELP AND SUGGESTIONS, OTHERWISE YOUR JUST GOING TO GET A MILLION QUESTIONS.
  10. Best answer
    If your friend told you to spend $200 on an i5-750, you should promptly stop taking his advice about computers, because that's a terrible idea.

Here's what I slapped together quickly on Newegg. I didn't include a case because you didn't either. The video card and processor are both MUCH better than the garbage you had picked out (no offense, the 520 is an awful card and the 750 is an ancient CPU). You probably want a different motherboard, that one has some really bad reviews, but there are plenty of sub $100 Z68 boards out there.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
    Monitor: Acer 23" 1080p
    Video Card: Power Color HD 6850
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series 600W
    Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Kit
    Motherboard: ASRock Z68M/USB3

Comes out to $814 shipped. Slightly outside your budget, but I think it's worth the extra $50.
  11. geekapproved said:
    Sandy Bridge doesn't cost more.

The platform your buying is discontinued, as in no longer made. It's a full 2 generations old.

You want to build a s1155 system, not a s1156 system. Price will be similar.

FILL OUT THE NEW BUILD FORM IN THE NEW BUILD SECTION AND CLOSE THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT REAL HELP AND SUGGESTIONS, OTHERWISE YOUR JUST GOING TO GET A MILLION QUESTIONS.

So can you suggest me another platform with almost similar price ?
  12. Willard , what about Asus Geforce GTX 550 TI
  13. The 550 Ti is a decent card, but personally I like AMD's video cards. They tend to use less power and run quieter.

Tom's monthly "Best Video Card for the Money" articles are a great place to look for getting the best bang for you buck at a given price point.
  14. So if I get these parts :

WD caviar black 1TB
    Monitor: LG - Cinema 3D - 23"
    Power Supply: CorsAir gaming series GS 600WATT
    Memory: Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600 MHZ (2GB ×2)

is this seems good ?
  15. I'd really swap out the mobo with something that hasn't gotten so much negative feedback (half the reviews on Newegg are 1 egg). I'd use that as a starting point. Put all the items in your cart on Newegg and start swapping things in and out. Maybe save $10 bucks on a slightly cheaper PSU (don't spend less than $50, seriously) to get a slightly nicer motherboard.

I typically spend a couple days looking over the available parts before making a big decision like this. Took me literally months to decide which CPU I wanted to get for my latest build, and I still changed my mind at the last minute due to poor overclocking ability in the 3570k that I had decided on.
  16. Thanx a lot willard , You really helped me :) :)
    I chose :
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
    PowerColor AX6850 1GBD5-DH Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express
    CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    ASRock Z68M/USB3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
    Intel Core i5-2500K
  17. Schooly said:
    So if I get these parts :

WD caviar black 1TB
    Monitor: LG - Cinema 3D - 23"
    Power Supply: CorsAir gaming series GS 600WATT
    Memory: Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600 MHZ (2GB ×2)

is this seems good ?

This is a powerfull build. Just great. You have a machine for 3-5 years!
    THIS IS a better choice for real.
  18. Schooly said:
    Thanx a lot willard , You really helped me :) :)
    I chose :
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
    PowerColor AX6850 1GBD5-DH Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express
    CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    ASRock Z68M/USB3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
    Intel Core i5-2500K

Glad to help. One last thing though. You seem to have two motherboards in that list ;)
  19. hhhhhhh
    thank you again for help
    :love: :hello:
  20. Best answer selected by Schooly.
  21. And Thank u all guys !! :love:
  22. einterlan said:
    This is a powerfull build. Just great. You have a machine for 3-5 years!
    THIS IS a better choice for real.

Really :O
  23. You'll probably want to upgrade the video card in a year or two, but yeah, that's plenty of power for several years. The 2500k is far more than you need for any current game, so it will take several years for it to start showing its age. It also overclocks extremely well, even with the stock cooler.

My 2500k does 4.6 GHz on stock voltage, and if I increase it I can break 5 GHz easily. Going to hammer on it some more this weekend and see how far I can push it. Had it boot at 5.35 GHz, but it wasn't even approaching stable and the temps were insane.

The 2500k is a monster, and the HD 6000 series cards are really, really nice. That system will serve you well for years to come.
  24. I read alot of reviews about core i5 2500k and it looks beter for all , even some people prefere it more than core i7 for games
    but my problem was the mb that support the intel 2nd generation processors and now I found (with ur help :love: ) it in less price.

if i take the Asus Geforce GTX 550 TI should i need to upgrade it also ?
  25. So what about the LG cinema 3D 23'' ??
  26. Don't know much about the monitor, though I avoid anything 3D like the plague. Enabling 3D cuts your resolution in half for passive 3D, and with active it cuts the refresh rate by half. Also, I'm legally blind in one eye, so 3D does nothing for me.

As far as video card upgrades, it really depends on what games you're playing and at what level of detail you want. The 550 Ti will handle most games pretty well I think (not maxed settings, but medium to high), but I can't vouch for the games that will be released in the future.

In general I like to upgrade my video card every two years and pick up the best thing I can get for around $150-$200. If you time your upgrade to come a month or two after the "next big thing" launches you can usually get really good deals.
  27. So can this monitor runs good with the mentioned graphics card ?
    if not , what monitor that you can suggest for me ?
    and actualy i inted to upgrade the whole build in 3-4 years >>
  28. can ?
  29. The monitor doesn't really matter as far as performance goes, beyond what resolution you're running it at. Every 1080p (non-3d) display will request the exact same information from the video card, bigger screens just have physically larger pixels, not more of them. You could hook up a screen ten lightyears wide to a computer, and if it were 1080p your computer would still be fine.

If you went with 23" because you wanted to ensure good performance, feel free to go all the way up to 27". Bigger than that and you'll start running into much higher resolutions, like 2560x1600, which a mid-range card is going to struggle with (probably low-medium settings in games at best). Plus, monitors bigger than that usually cost $750-$1000, well outside your budget.

A good 27" 1080p display can be had for around $200 if you catch one on sale. $250 or so without. I run a 27" primary display and 21" secondary, so you could always go with 23" now if the cost is an issue, then pick up a bigger one later when they go on sale for a dual monitor setup.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product