Sign in with
Your question

Cleaning thermal paste

Last response: in CPUs
August 10, 2012 10:50:26 AM

there i wanted to clean my fx 8150 but i dont have any alchol i check the medical store they dont have it is there any way to clean i think that hydrogen peroxide will clean it

More about : cleaning thermal paste

August 10, 2012 12:21:28 PM

i dont live india europe i live in asia india delhi i dont know where i can find the alchol to clean the cpu
m
l
Related resources
a c 78 à CPUs
August 10, 2012 1:28:26 PM

How the hell can you not find isopropyl alcohol? It has to be sold somewhere. A grocery store, a corner store? a Dollar store.

I would suggest that and a coffee machine filter.

m
l
August 11, 2012 2:32:07 PM

nekulturny said:
How the hell can you not find isopropyl alcohol? It has to be sold somewhere. A grocery store, a corner store? a Dollar store.

http://www.first-aid-product.com/images/M/M313.jpg

I would suggest that and a coffee machine filter.
http://www.hhcoffeesupply.com/media/catalog/category/Paper_Filters.jpg

ok guys i find it but it color is blue and it says 70 alchol is this good cleaning cpu and i also wanted to know i dont have peice microfiber cloth is my men hankie will work becasue i got oo much old hankies around here and tought used to be clean cpu
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
August 11, 2012 2:34:44 PM

You should use a lint-free cloth, the coffee filters work best, but the cheap brown paper towels will work in a pinch. But yes, the denat alcohol will be fine. Hell, I guess you could have used a clear liquor too.
m
l
August 11, 2012 2:42:50 PM

nekulturny said:
You should use a lint-free cloth, the coffee filters work best, but the cheap brown paper towels will work in a pinch. But yes, the denat alcohol will be fine. Hell, I guess you could have used a clear liquor too.

oh my gosh when i unplug my stock cooler i saw too much thermal paste on copper heat sink and whole cpu i s covered with thermal paste but the problem is copper heat sink fin get some thermal paste inside how i can clean it through
m
l
August 11, 2012 3:39:45 PM

I used a small brush to scrub mine away (same problem originally as you) that came with my electric razor. I know it sounds kinda goofy ... BUT ... Just how often would it have been used otherwise ? LOL.
And - DONT use the hydrogen peroxide anywhere neer your motherboard. it contains just that ..... HYDROGEN. Talk about future corrosion ! WHHEEWWW!
m
l
August 11, 2012 3:41:17 PM

this is serious man not joking
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
August 11, 2012 3:42:48 PM

A clear, distilled alcohol such as vodka, so long as its unflavored and doesn't have sugar additives is a quick and dirty solution, but indeed it will work.

Beer is a really bad idea lol. Most of the contents are not alcohol. Vodka is diluted with water if its 80 proof for example, its 40% vodka, 60 percent water. Beer has hops and barley and crap in it, only about 10% alcohol, if that.
m
l
a c 138 à CPUs
August 11, 2012 3:42:59 PM

yeah just alcohol fro clean it with safe
m
l
August 11, 2012 3:51:22 PM

wow guys u are genius yet i m using hydrogen peroxide which means i saw a black coating smudge on the heatsink i thnk that would be problem for transferring cpu heat
to heatsink may be my heat sink surface get corrosion that s why my cpu cant contact with heatsink and i m using too much thermal paste for now guys alchol will clean the black corrosion on surface of heat sink
m
l
!