Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't get right resolution 2- monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 19, 2012 10:56:10 PM

Hi All,

2 X Acer 21' monitors with 1920 X 1080 resolution - all working fine, got the windows 7 desktop spread across both monitors (display settign fine, set to maximum of 1920 & 1080)
Radeon card works fine and check through Catalyst Control software

The problem is when open MS flight sim the only option is for 1920 X 1080, it should be double this width to get the flight sim window across both monitors.

I am sure i have checked every and its correct (well maybe . . .)

Any suggestion would be very help

DaFax

More about : resolution monitors

a c 88 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 19, 2012 11:14:19 PM

generally speaking, you would need eyefinity setup for the games to use more than one monitor. So that would mean it'll work with hd5000 or hd6000 series cards.

That said, I've seen ms flight sim on multiple monitors well before eyefinity was 'invented'. Have absolutely no idea how it was done...
m
l
February 20, 2012 12:42:01 AM

I had the system working last year, its been in the garage for the last 6-months, so I know it works (had it on 3 monitors then all working fine)
i5 processor 4MB, Sapphire HD5770 card (can take up to 3 monitors but only using 2)
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2012 1:30:05 AM

Nvidia user here so i am not too savvy on this, but does Catalyst have an option to set your 2 monitors as a "span" instead of 2 separate monitors?
m
l
February 20, 2012 1:41:58 AM

Could not find that setting in Catalyst Control (card software driver/setting software) because this is where the problem most likely is. Both monitors are identified, resolution set to highest (1920 X 1080).

In the windows 7 display setting it is all set correctly - to span.

I am pretty sure it has to be in the setting of the card driver (then MS flight sim would see it correctly). I might re-install car driver.
Many thanks
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2012 2:22:54 AM

You have set it up like to seperate monitors. You need to create a group with both monitors.

Go to CCC under eyefinity tab, create a display group.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2012 2:39:16 AM

DaFax said:
Could not find that setting in Catalyst Control (card software driver/setting software) because this is where the problem most likely is. Both monitors are identified, resolution set to highest (1920 X 1080).

In the windows 7 display setting it is all set correctly - to span.

I am pretty sure it has to be in the setting of the card driver (then MS flight sim would see it correctly). I might re-install car driver.
Many thanks

Wndows 7 settings will span desktop wallpaper, not apps. Yo have to go to eyefinity in CCC and create a display group.
a c 88 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2012 8:51:34 AM

^^yep daship is right
sounds like the eyefinity group broke when you removed the 3rd monitor from it, you'll have to recreate it.
m
l
February 20, 2012 9:13:55 PM

daship - your a good man, you were correct. Had to find the setting in CCC to set up display group. Now MS flight sim sees the correct resolution. All good now. Many thanks for all the suggestions.
m
l
March 1, 2012 11:41:26 PM

Best answer selected by DaFax.
m
l
!