Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need advice to build a Gaming Computer

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 27, 2012 7:24:46 PM

Hi. I want to build a gaming computer to play the latest games (BF3) with Maxed Out settings.

Budget: €800
Approximate Purchase Date: August
Parts Included in budget:everything(except the sound and the mouse),including the monitor, because I'm gonna build from scratch.
Resolution: Doesn't need to be that high, because that's not what matters. If a little sacrifice must be made in order to keep the Maxed Out Setting, do it.
Country: Portugal
Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, Gygabite or Asus mobo.
SLI or Crossfire: My budget can't afford it, I think, because I would a cooling system as well, so, no.
Overcloking:The same reason as stated above.

Any advice and build recommendation is welcome.


a c 247 4 Gaming
April 27, 2012 7:30:36 PM

Is there a site you buy from? Knowing local availability will help with pricing.
April 27, 2012 7:34:23 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Is there a site you buy from? Knowing local availability will help with pricing.


Check this site : kuantokusta.pt
It's great. It shows several stores and the cheapest price of the product available.
You may have to translate it.
Or just write what you want on the search box.
Related resources
a c 247 4 Gaming
April 27, 2012 7:52:56 PM

RafaSimpsons said:
Check this site : kuantokusta.pt
It's great. It shows several stores and the cheapest price of the product available.
You may have to translate it.
Or just write what you want on the search box.


That looks pretty similar to PC Part Picker. Try this setup:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 - 75,00€
PSU: Corsair TX650 V2 - 85,90€
Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Pro 4 - 114,49€
CPU: 3.30GHz Intel Core i5-2500K - 198,00€
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - 31,78€
RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz 1.5V - 47,00€
HD: 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue - 69,03€
Optical: Lite On DVD Burner - 17,00€
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 - 249,00€

Total: 887,20€

A little over budget but you get an awesome video card and you don't have to compromise on any components including motherboard and case.
April 27, 2012 8:13:52 PM

g-unit1111 said:
That looks pretty similar to PC Part Picker. Try this setup:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 - 75,00€
PSU: Corsair TX650 V2 - 85,90€
Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Pro 4 - 114,49€
CPU: 3.30GHz Intel Core i5-2500K - 198,00€
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - 31,78€
RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz 1.5V - 47,00€
HD: 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue - 69,03€
Optical: Lite On DVD Burner - 17,00€
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 - 249,00€

Total: 887,20€

A little over budget but you get an awesome video card and you don't have to compromise on any components including motherboard and case.


You forgot about the monitor, can you tell me which one should I opt to? but thanks anyway for the advice.
April 27, 2012 8:41:48 PM

I think I'll opt for the i5-2500 non K because I'm not going to overclock.
April 27, 2012 9:53:14 PM

With components this powerful it would be a total waste to get any sub 1080p monitor. I recommend checking out some of the led back-lit LG monitors
a b 4 Gaming
April 27, 2012 11:12:59 PM

Get the i5-2400. The 2500 is not worth the $40.
a c 247 4 Gaming
April 28, 2012 12:55:45 AM

Dhorkas said:
With components this powerful it would be a total waste to get any sub 1080p monitor. I recommend checking out some of the led back-lit LG monitors


Yeah I agree. LG makes good monitors - but personally I'm a fan of Asus and Acer monitors. I also agree that the i5-2500 is a waste - the i5-2400 would be better and it would shave a bit off the initial build.
a b 4 Gaming
April 28, 2012 6:15:15 AM

To elaborate on the 2500 issue, the reason is because at the same price range you can just get the 2500k.
April 28, 2012 7:53:14 AM

Many thanks for your advice. I'll opt for the i5-2400 and for 1920:1080 monitor. thanks!
April 28, 2012 7:55:04 AM

But will the i5-2400 take full advantage of the hd 7850?
April 28, 2012 7:59:35 AM

I checked the prices, and I think I'll opt for the i5-2500 because the difference is little.
a b 4 Gaming
April 28, 2012 8:03:08 AM

RafaSimpsons said:
But will the i5-2400 take full advantage of the hd 7850?


there are people like me who use an i3-2120 with a 7850. no serious problems yet, the sandy bridge series dont bottle neck so it probably wouldn't matter which sandy bridge processor you used.
a c 247 4 Gaming
April 28, 2012 8:04:16 AM

RafaSimpsons said:
But will the i5-2400 take full advantage of the hd 7850?


The 7850 isn't a true PCI Gen 3 card so you don't need to worry about that. Only with IB or X79 CPUs will you unlock the full potential of PCI Gen 3.
April 28, 2012 8:21:54 AM

g-unit1111 said:
The 7850 isn't a true PCI Gen 3 card so you don't need to worry about that. Only with IB or X79 CPUs will you unlock the full potential of PCI Gen 3.


But should I opt for the i5-2400 or the 2500?
Because here it's just €10 difference
April 28, 2012 9:03:12 AM

Can't I choose a 1366 x 768 monitor?
April 28, 2012 12:56:55 PM

dudewitbow said:
there are people like me who use an i3-2120 with a 7850. no serious problems yet, the sandy bridge series dont bottle neck so it probably wouldn't matter which sandy bridge processor you used.


Can you play the latest games, like BF3 and Skyrim with Maxed Out Settings at 1920:1080 1080p resolution?
You're specs are the same as mine, so your opinion will be crucial.
!