Solved

Upgrading my GTX460 1GB to a GTX 560 Ti 448?

I was considering upgrading my GTX460 1GB evga card to a GTX 560 Ti 448. I have a newegg coupon that expires in a few days for $40 that will bring the price on a sale for this card down to $195 plus arkham city. I was considering buying this card and selling Arkham City and the GTX 460. After everything is said and done I figure the upgrade should cost me about $50-$65 bucks. Is this a worthy upgrade by anyone's opinion?

System:
i5 760 @2.80 GHz
8 Gb Gskill
Win7
1920x1080 display

games playing:
BF3
SC2
Skyrim
AC: Revelations
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading gtx460
  1. Best answer
    Here is Tom's gaming card hierarchy chart. Generally you need to go up three positions on the chart to see significant improvement. In your case that would be a GTX 570. So basically you would see just a little improvement. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
  2. Thanks a lot for the reply man, Tho I'm reading this card can be OC'd to be as good as a gtx 570 which is why I'm considering it....
  3. Might be worth a shot then. Just remember there are no guarantees in overclocking. You may do a little better or a little worse than a 570.
  4. Is your GTX 460 1GB at stock speeds? Mine's at 875 Mhz and I would want something a little power powerful as a replacement to feel it was worthwhile. The GTX 560 Ti 448 is of course more powerful, but I like to have a bigger jump when I do upgrade.
  5. wait for 6xx cards.maybe you can score a good deal ;)
  6. I have an EVGA GTX 460 1Gb overclocked to 840-1680-2000 and have also been considering an upgrade here lately. I was also looking at the GTX 560 Ti 448 because it has come down in price so much and overclocks so well.

I have decided to wait a few more months until the 6xx series comes out. The 5xx series will drop even more in price and who knows maybe the 6xx series will produce a card as good as the GTX 460. If not I will pick up a GTX 570 hopefully for cheap.

I'm not a super hardcore gamer but I do play 4 or 5 titles a year and the GTX 460 has actually held up quite well. I bought it the day it was released and it still gives me good framerates in everything I throw at it. It does help I have an amazing CPU.

So my advice is to give it a little time and see what these new 6xx series cards look like.
  7. Best answer selected by a1000lies.
  8. Thanks a lot for the input guys, I ended up getting it anyways because i had the spend the $40 coupon on something and it only ended up costing me about $40 for the actual upgrade by selling my card and batman. The jump isn't very big but it does do a lot in the aliasing category and gives me a decent fps boost.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx EVGA Graphics