Sign in with
Your question

Wanting to build a $1000 gaming computer! HELP!

Last response: in Systems
April 27, 2012 7:58:42 PM

Hi, I am needing a Gaming Computer in which can run Battlefield 3 on Ultra, smoothly. I've got the typical $1000 budget, and I am needing help on what parts to get! I am quite new to this, but I know the difference between a Nvidia Geforce 480 and a Nvidia Geforce 580, and such. A quick response would be GREAT!

Thank you, greatly. :bounce: 
April 27, 2012 8:07:42 PM

Alright before I start helping you to pick out parts, I have a few questions for you.
1: How much do you care about looks?
2: What parts do you already have? (ie: Monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc.
3: What games do you plan on playing?
4: Will your computer be near your router? (So I can know if you will need a wireless card or not.)
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
April 27, 2012 8:35:22 PM

SMITZ said:
Hi, I am needing a Gaming Computer in which can run Battlefield 3 on Ultra, smoothly. I've got the typical $1000 budget, and I am needing help on what parts to get! I am quite new to this, but I know the difference between a Nvidia Geforce 480 and a Nvidia Geforce 580, and such. A quick response would be GREAT!

Thank you, greatly. :bounce: 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...
m
l
April 27, 2012 11:20:26 PM

1. I am planning on getting a simple $60 CoolerMaster HAF case
2. I've only got a Mouse currently
3. I am really wanting to run Battlefield 3 on Ultra, just like everyone else, but I am hoping to not only run it, but to run it smoothly.
4. And yes, I will have a router right next to my desktop so I may plug it in :D 

Thanks again, just for noticing ;) 
m
l
Related resources
!