  • Xbox
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 3, 2005 4:55:36 AM

I would like opinions on what the following modded
xbox system would be worth (I am purchasing):

*Crystal edition xbox (chipped with aladdin)
*30-40 games (decent, I have checked)
*No HD upgrade - just the standard 8GB
*6 months old

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

More about : modded xbox advice

June 3, 2005 8:40:59 PM

honest opinion?

crystal xbox -prolly a rip off price.
40 X $50= $2000
8 Gigger =$.02
6 months old = sez who? The unethical guy that is selling you illegal,
pirated games?

Here's an idea. If you're interested in saving a buck buy a used xbox
for $100 or less from EBGAmes, buy an aladdin (xbox-scene shows them at
$15.00 now [which btw probably wouldn't work on an actual 6 month old
Xbox since it would be a 1.6 version]), and a 160 GB hard drive for
about $60.00 (pricewatch). "Procure" your own games.

$175.00

You ask, I giveth...........where there's a will, there's a way.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 8:49:41 PM

snipernest@gmail.com wrote:
> I would like opinions on what the following modded
> xbox system would be worth (I am purchasing):
>

> *Crystal edition xbox (chipped with aladdin)
> *30-40 games (decent, I have checked)
> *No HD upgrade - just the standard 8GB
> *6 months old
>

> Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
>

> thanks

The Crystal edition xboxes that I've seen have all been PAL systems,
presumably produced for Europe. Are you sure that the machine you're
looking at is the proper video format (NTSC if you're in the states) and
region?

Without a HD upgrade, the mod is not very valuable. Coupled with the
modchip itself, which does not allow you to flash the BIOS replacement,
I wouldn't offer much on those grounds.

http://www.aladdinchip.com/

If the 30-40 games are originals, that could be worth something -- say
$10 a title. If they are backups, it's more like $1 per title.
Realize, of course, that you would be purchasing stolen goods.

You can purchase a new xbox for $150, an excellent third-generation
modchip for $55, and an 80Gb hard drive (watch for sales) for $40. If
you're thinking about spending $250 for the crystal xbox, you would end
up with a much better system, hardware wise, by buying new.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 8:49:42 PM

"Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
> snipernest@gmail.com wrote:
> > I would like opinions on what the following modded
> > xbox system would be worth (I am purchasing):
> >

> > *Crystal edition xbox (chipped with aladdin)
> > *30-40 games (decent, I have checked)
> > *No HD upgrade - just the standard 8GB
> > *6 months old
> >

> > Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> > thanks
>
> The Crystal edition xboxes that I've seen have all been PAL systems,
> presumably produced for Europe. Are you sure that the machine you're
> looking at is the proper video format (NTSC if you're in the states) and
> region?
>
> Without a HD upgrade, the mod is not very valuable. Coupled with the
> modchip itself, which does not allow you to flash the BIOS replacement,
> I wouldn't offer much on those grounds.
>
> http://www.aladdinchip.com/
>
> If the 30-40 games are originals, that could be worth something -- say
> $10 a title. If they are backups, it's more like $1 per title.
> Realize, of course, that you would be purchasing stolen goods.
>
> You can purchase a new xbox for $150, an excellent third-generation
> modchip for $55, and an 80Gb hard drive (watch for sales) for $40. If
> you're thinking about spending $250 for the crystal xbox, you would end
> up with a much better system, hardware wise, by buying new.

NTSC Crystal Xbox'es were also released in Canada with Crimson Skies and
Fable as a bundle.

Wurm
!