Sign in with
Your question

Pc crashes when playing games

Last response: in Components
August 10, 2012 4:04:41 PM

Hello,
My PC keeps crashing while i play games. it started when i updated my drivers for my G-force 9500gt a while back (2 months) so i guessed it was the drivers then did a rollback. still crashed. so i assumed it was the Vid card over heating so after extensive testing i found it was reaching 118 c. first thought was cleanup. so i striped and cleaned the card heat sink fan. noticed lack of thermal paste. so put some on. still no improvement. so i decided that it was the card dieing. got a gt620 but i still have the same crashes. no BSOD no actual reason for it. after running some more tests the results where:-

Base Unit temp 12c
CPU temp 35c top
GPU temp (burn test) 67c top
mem test 0 errors

running windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
updated my Bios
updated G-card drivers

duel core e6700 2.93gig
GT620
2 gig ddr2 800Mhz (2x 1gig)
Gigabyte G31M-ES2L Mobo (soc 775)
PSU is win power model sl:8850eps

More about : crashes playing games

August 10, 2012 4:38:36 PM

Looks like your PSU is the cause. Try another one to confirm. Next time buy one from renowned maker like Corsair or Seasonic.
August 10, 2012 5:08:28 PM

Bejusek said:
Looks like your PSU is the cause. Try another one to confirm. Next time buy one from renowned maker like Corsair or Seasonic.

TY ill try that soon and post result.
would that have caused my first vid card to overheat like it did?
Related resources
August 10, 2012 5:37:56 PM

No, I'd rather suspect a new driver.
August 13, 2012 11:05:01 AM

try'ed a new power supply didn't solve the issue. Read about the games i play and it turns out its a Punk-buster issue, Punk-buster doesn't work well with Real-tech sound cards so i put an old sound-blaster live card i had about the place and this solved my issue. But thanks for the input it was all still use full to get a new PSU without argument from my Girlfriend ;) 
August 13, 2012 12:36:52 PM

Glad you solved your problem!
!