Keeping different windows open

It would be a great help if there were a way to keep one window open on top
of another one you are working in. Like if I'm typing something in Word, and
want to keep an Outlook note open on top of it for reference... Thanks,
Charlie
5 answers Last reply
More about keeping windows open

    Put them side by side...

    "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It would be a great help if there were a way to keep one window open on
    > top
    > of another one you are working in. Like if I'm typing something in Word,
    > and
    > want to keep an Outlook note open on top of it for reference... Thanks,
    > Charlie

    ....or one over the other, full width, 1/2 height.

    "zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Put them side by side...
    >

    > "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> It would be a great help if there were a way to keep one window open on
    >> top
    >> of another one you are working in. Like if I'm typing something in Word,
    >> and
    >> want to keep an Outlook note open on top of it for reference... Thanks,
    >> Charlie

    Open the two programs that you want to open. one program below and other up
    for the reference and on your taskbar right click and click on Tile Windows
    Horizontally.

    "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It would be a great help if there were a way to keep one window open on
    top
    > of another one you are working in. Like if I'm typing something in Word,
    and
    > want to keep an Outlook note open on top of it for reference... Thanks,
    > Charlie

    Hi,

    Some programs has that feature to keep it on top, you just have to see if
    the window properties for Outlook Note has that option. if not, you will
    just either have to reduce the word window or add another vid card and
    display and extend your desktop to two displays.

    Jeff

    "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It would be a great help if there were a way to keep one window open on
    > top
    > of another one you are working in. Like if I'm typing something in Word,
    > and
    > want to keep an Outlook note open on top of it for reference... Thanks,
    > Charlie

    If you have an NVidia card they include this feature. There are a million programs that do this (as I write my own I don't use them). If you only want to do one window tell me it titlebar text and I'll modify one of my programs for you.

    http://www.uscricket.com