Sign in with
Your question

Case Question

Last response: in Systems
April 28, 2012 1:20:21 AM

I hope I put this in the right place.

Anyways, probably a stupid question but I've got this old HP Pavilion and I am planning on putting a new motherboard and Cpu and ram and whatnot into the old case (hopefully haha). Here is the page for the case:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

Do you guys know if a full size ATX board will fit in there? I'm not sure what board specifically yet, but just as a general sort of thing.

Thanks in advance!

More about : case question

April 28, 2012 1:27:07 AM

Not sure although I would be careful about doing this. Sometimes the big companies such as Dell and stuff use form factors that don't line up with standard dimensions.
m
l
April 28, 2012 1:30:07 AM

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I'll probably end up with an matx board anyway.

How about if I was to get like a midtower matx/atx? that should either correct?

That might be a little better, as I might leave this machine mostly together in order to have a second computer.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
April 28, 2012 1:34:52 AM

Why would you reuse that case, doesn't it only have like one fan? If you're looking for a cheap case, the Rosewill Challenger is a great cheap case with plenty of cooling.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2012 2:23:42 AM

Hi,

The HP board that in there is a "Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)" I've upgraded a few of those systems, there is *NO* room for a larger MB in the ones I've worked on.

Aside: I agree with the people suggesting you also get a new case. Having the right parts to install the MB will make your life much simpler. And the old HP system if it's still running is worth far more than the case will cost you. Give it to a friend or EBAY it.
m
l
!