Feb 19, 2012
HI guys.

i've just recently bought i new system which has specs:

gigabyte z68-UD3
intel i5 2500k
8gb ddr3 ram
1 TB seagate TB
550W gigabyte odin gt psu

on this system is an HD 4870 1 gig which i didnt get new, it was part of my old pc.

unfortunately im getting frame skipping or stutterring in almost all of my games. im getting a better fps than I was on my old system, but its much less playable because of the stutter.

i have tried fiddling with all of the options (that i know of) in ati catalyst control center including v sync/ triple bufferring, anti aliasing etc, none make any difference, although the lower the fps the worse the stutterring, but generally so long as its below 60 it stutters pretty madly.

overclocking/underclocking gpu/cpu also makes no difference, and drivers for the g card are the latest. 12.1 CCC.

im not sure if i dont understand the FRAPS program but if this helps, the only thing that can stop the stutter in games is when i record with fraps!!? ill be running fraps, at about 30fps in skyrim or crysis, then the moment i start recording, it drops to say 21 but completely removes the frame skipping. the frame skipping returns the moment the video recording ends.

my friend said it might be that i need to disable some video encoding thing in bios that intel has on its chips? but i couldnt find this option because he wasnt sure exactly what it was.

any help would be much appreciated!! thanks :)

G

He might be talking about disabling the onboard video.

TRENDING THREADS