Sign in with
Your question

Help! Need to convince dad Custom built is better!

Last response: in Systems
April 28, 2012 1:50:34 AM

My dad keeps saying that pre-built is that best thing ever, no matter what i say. He's worried about warranty's and stuff like that

Im in Australia.

i am buying from www.pccasegear.com

What are some things i can say to convince him custom built is better for money.

If i cant get a custom built, could you link an australian pc that is under $1000 and is good for the money, (gaming, video editing etc)

Thank You!
April 28, 2012 2:10:32 AM

Simply find a pre-built with detailed specs. Then, go to newegg.com and build a computer with the same specs in the cart, and show him the price difference. You can use highly reputable brands like Corsair, ASus, Gigabyte, Seagate, western digital, gskill, kingston, or Samsung. Show him how they have 2-5 year, or lifetime warranties.You can also use google to find articles that support your views. Then, you could build a computer that costs the same amount, and is better.
m
l
April 28, 2012 2:21:25 AM

Darth415 said:
Simply find a pre-built with detailed specs. Then, go to newegg.com and build a computer with the same specs in the cart, and show him the price difference. You can use highly reputable brands like Corsair, ASus, Gigabyte, Seagate, western digital, gskill, kingston, or Samsung. Show him how they have 2-5 year, or lifetime warranties.You can also use google to find articles that support your views. Then, you could build a computer that costs the same amount, and is better.

The thing is, im in australia and using www.pccasegear.com? If i break something in the build accidentally, does the warranty cover it?
m
l
April 28, 2012 2:43:15 AM

Sorry about the website... Wasn't paying attention.

www.pccasegear.com looks good to me... But I'm in America. I don't want to tell you something that will mess you up. My suggestion: find someone who knows what they are talking about (lives in Australia) and ask them about warranties. Perhaps you could visit the maker's websites for your region and find out what they will do in the event of a problem.
m
l
!