Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Mid tower computer case vs micro atx motherboards

Last response: in Components
August 11, 2012 12:55:11 AM

Hello, I'm building my first gaming rig, and i need to know. Will i have any problems using an ASUS amd micro mother board in a mid-tower case. I would get a full sized motherboard but i don't have the budget.
the case is a Rosewill FUTURE Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case .
The motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
, but the weird thing is the PCIe 2.0 is very close to the cpu. Would that cause trouble with Gpu also? i need this help before ordering the parts.

links:case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
August 11, 2012 1:05:12 AM

Hi :) 

It WILL fit but why bother...just use a normal motherboard as more room/slots for future expansion/upgrades...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l

Best solution

a c 140 ) Power supply
a c 400 V Motherboard
a c 124 À AMD
August 11, 2012 2:46:00 AM

Your case and motherboard will work great together. No problems. I don't see the issue that you refer to with the PCIe slot and CPU socket. You're not confusing the south bridge heat sync with the CPU socket, are you? Either way, there is nothing to be concerned about.

Btw, that is a good inexpensive board. I'm putting together a budget build now with that board and a PHIIX4 965 and HD 6870.
Related resources
August 11, 2012 10:14:03 PM

clutchc said:
Your case and motherboard will work great together. No problems. I don't see the issue that you refer to with the PCIe slot and CPU socket. You're not confusing the south bridge heat sync with the CPU socket, are you? Either way, there is nothing to be concerned about.

Btw, that is a good inexpensive board. I'm putting together a budget build now with that board and a PHIIX4 965 and HD 6870.

thanks for the help i was looking at a msi micro motherboard when typing that. it was a bit smaller and had a different layout then the one posted
m
l
August 11, 2012 10:16:29 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

It WILL fit but why bother...just use a normal motherboard as more room/slots for future expansion/upgrades...

All the best Brett :) 

thanks for the help. as for the motherboard it was best for my budget as of right now. the next build i go with will have a bigger budget.
m
l
August 12, 2012 2:00:57 AM

Best answer selected by boomanox.
m
l
!