XBox 360 (so far it doesn't look like it will have DVI or ..

6 answers Last reply
More about xbox doesn

    "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://news.botros.net/gamenews/2005/05/xbox-360-accessories-photos.php

    What is DVI and HDMI for? What would you need them for?

    "Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> http://news.botros.net/gamenews/2005/05/xbox-360-accessories-photos.php
    >>

    > What is DVI and HDMI for? What would you need them for?

    DVI = Digitial Visual Interface
    DVI is faster and cleaner than component video.

    HDMI = High-Definition Multimedia Interface
    HDMI is the new latest and greatest which carries both the video and audio
    signal to the monitor.
    A single cable that does both helps cuts down on wire clutter.

    I own a few set and a projector that support DVI and HDMI.

    > "Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> http://news.botros.net/gamenews/2005/05/xbox-360-accessories-photos.php
    >>>

    >> What is DVI and HDMI for? What would you need them for?
    >

    > DVI = Digitial Visual Interface
    > DVI is faster and cleaner than component video.
    >

    > HDMI = High-Definition Multimedia Interface
    > HDMI is the new latest and greatest which carries both the video and audio
    > signal to the monitor.
    > A single cable that does both helps cuts down on wire clutter.
    >
    > I own a few set and a projector that support DVI and HDMI.

    Are they different interface inputs or the same style that just supports
    both?

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> What is DVI and HDMI for? What would you need them for?
    >>

    >> DVI = Digitial Visual Interface
    >> DVI is faster and cleaner than component video.
    >>

    >> HDMI = High-Definition Multimedia Interface
    >> HDMI is the new latest and greatest which carries both the video and
    >> audio signal to the monitor.
    >> A single cable that does both helps cuts down on wire clutter.
    >>
    >> I own a few set and a projector that support DVI and HDMI.
    >>

    > Are they different interface inputs or the same style that just supports
    > both?

    The only difference between DVI and HDMI is HDMI carries an audio signal as
    well as video.

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> DVI = Digitial Visual Interface
    >>> DVI is faster and cleaner than component video.
    >>>

    >>> HDMI = High-Definition Multimedia Interface
    >>> HDMI is the new latest and greatest which carries both the video and
    >>> audio signal to the monitor.
    >>> A single cable that does both helps cuts down on wire clutter.
    >>>
    >>> I own a few set and a projector that support DVI and HDMI.
    >>>

    >> Are they different interface inputs or the same style that just supports
    >> both?
    >
    > The only difference between DVI and HDMI is HDMI carries an audio signal
    > as well as video.

    Do they look just like the monitor input/output?

    > "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> Are they different interface inputs or the same style that just supports
    >>> both?
    >>
    >> The only difference between DVI and HDMI is HDMI carries an audio signal
    >> as well as video.
    >>

    > Do they look just like the monitor input/output?

    DVI does look a little like a monitor jack. It has side screws like a
    monitor jack also. But HDMI looks more like a small USB plug. These cables
    do more then "cut down on clutter". They carry the digital feed directly to
    the source, much like a Digital Component DVD cable, or fiber optic cable.
    JLC

Console Gaming Games Xbox 360 Video DVI Xbox Video Games