XBox 360 (so far it doesn't look like it will have DVI or ..

Last response: in Video Games
June 5, 2005 12:13:25 PM

"Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://news.botros.net/gamenews/2005/05/xbox-360-access...
>>

> What is DVI and HDMI for? What would you need them for?

DVI = Digitial Visual Interface
DVI is faster and cleaner than component video.

HDMI = High-Definition Multimedia Interface
HDMI is the new latest and greatest which carries both the video and audio
signal to the monitor.
A single cable that does both helps cuts down on wire clutter.

I own a few set and a projector that support DVI and HDMI.
June 5, 2005 12:15:23 PM

> "Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> http://news.botros.net/gamenews/2005/05/xbox-360-access...
>>>

>> What is DVI and HDMI for? What would you need them for?
>

> DVI = Digitial Visual Interface
> DVI is faster and cleaner than component video.
>

> HDMI = High-Definition Multimedia Interface
> HDMI is the new latest and greatest which carries both the video and audio
> signal to the monitor.
> A single cable that does both helps cuts down on wire clutter.
>
> I own a few set and a projector that support DVI and HDMI.

Are they different interface inputs or the same style that just supports
both?
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:24:40 PM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> What is DVI and HDMI for? What would you need them for?
>>

>> DVI = Digitial Visual Interface
>> DVI is faster and cleaner than component video.
>>

>> HDMI = High-Definition Multimedia Interface
>> HDMI is the new latest and greatest which carries both the video and
>> audio signal to the monitor.
>> A single cable that does both helps cuts down on wire clutter.
>>
>> I own a few set and a projector that support DVI and HDMI.
>>

> Are they different interface inputs or the same style that just supports
> both?

The only difference between DVI and HDMI is HDMI carries an audio signal as
well as video.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:24:41 PM

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> DVI = Digitial Visual Interface
>>> DVI is faster and cleaner than component video.
>>>

>>> HDMI = High-Definition Multimedia Interface
>>> HDMI is the new latest and greatest which carries both the video and
>>> audio signal to the monitor.
>>> A single cable that does both helps cuts down on wire clutter.
>>>
>>> I own a few set and a projector that support DVI and HDMI.
>>>

>> Are they different interface inputs or the same style that just supports
>> both?
>
> The only difference between DVI and HDMI is HDMI carries an audio signal
> as well as video.

Do they look just like the monitor input/output?
June 7, 2005 12:47:01 AM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
news:D JmdnUmA55upOznfRVn-tA@comcast.com...

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Are they different interface inputs or the same style that just supports
>>> both?
>>
>> The only difference between DVI and HDMI is HDMI carries an audio signal
>> as well as video.
>>

> Do they look just like the monitor input/output?

DVI does look a little like a monitor jack. It has side screws like a
monitor jack also. But HDMI looks more like a small USB plug. These cables
do more then "cut down on clutter". They carry the digital feed directly to
the source, much like a Digital Component DVD cable, or fiber optic cable.
JLC
!