rooneywayner

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Hello,

Recently, I have had issues with several Internet browsers. All, return with cannot locate remote server issue. I've flushed the DNS through command, and have turned on/off the firewall, reset the network connections, reset the router, uninstalled mozilla, IE, chrome, and opera, and still haven't been able to get any resolutions. I have a bare minimum connection at the moment, and attempting to get some answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated, running on windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

rooneywayner

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

yes, i played with proxy settings, going from manual, to auto detect, to no proxy. all resulted in the same result.

rooneywayner

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

yes, i played with proxy settings, going from manual, to auto detect, to no proxy. all resulted in the same result.

rooneywayner

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

5 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3998ms

i pinged it and recieved that.

i even repeatedly flushed the DNS through command prompt, and get a temporary relief, like now, when i can access this web page.

google chrome says that it can't perform a DNS lookup
opera says that it can't locate a remote server
mozilla and IE says it cant find the server

there are other computers attached to this network, and they all have no issues.

i reset the router again, and still have issues.
i believe its a setting issue, and i'm unable to resolve it.

really need help.

thnx

mitchflossin

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

That is not the output of ipconfig. Please copy and paste the results when you type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotations) in the command prompt.

rooneywayner

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
i had actually sent a reply with the ip config, but apparently the network decided not to send it.

anyways here is it again.
mail

i have one problem with this. it says media disconnected.
so i had disabled and enabled the network adapter.

and i have a physical lan cable plugged in, which is why i have connectivity

mitchflossin

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
It still isn't showing the output....

From the last line of your response, it sounds like you're trying to connect wirelessly, right? And when you use a wired connection, it works?

See if you can get the output posted here.

rooneywayner

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

pls check the link i posted.
thats the output.
i'm not trying to connect wireless, i have a wired connection.

rooneywayner

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
i tried the release and renew command and it did not make any changes, however when i utilized this command:

The reset command is available in the IP context of the NetShell utility. Follow these steps to use the reset command to reset TCP/IP manually:

To open a command prompt, click Start and then click Run. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER:
cmd
At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
Note If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Reboot the computer.

When you run the reset command, it rewrites two registry keys that are used by TCP/IP. This has the same result as removing and reinstalling the protocol. The reset command rewrites the following two registry keys:

i have not had an issue yet.
hopefully this fixes the issue.