Can intel Solid-State drive be used in amd desktop -laptop

no place on any website can i find out if a intel ssd work in an amd gaming computer.

windows 7 ultma
system
mother board msi 890Fxa-GD70
amd phenom II x 6 3.2mhz
16 gig gskil ram
nvdia gtx 470
drive 0 279gb @ 10k
drive 1 1.5 tb
drive 2 279 gb @ 10k
drive 3 and 4 external one 300gb wd ext other hot plug for 1 to 3 tb

i want to add as boot drive intel ssd will i have to reformat all drives to the new format/control and will the intel ssd work in system it does have usb 3.0 and sata 3
i actually have 5 of these systems and trying to finish up the last one.
7 answers Last reply
More about intel solid state drive desktop laptop
  1. The SSD is hardware compatible. Just reinstall OS on your SSD or clone to SSD with Window 7's system image backup. I recommend you do a fresh installation on an SSD.
  2. thank you i been trying to find out on intel for 3 hrs and newegg for 2hrs and just net for 2 hours what a waste of time i appreaciate the quick reply :na:
  3. While CPU require socket compatibility (so AMD CPU can't go into Intel chipset based mobo), HDD and SSD share the same SATA connection regardless of company.
  4. katzhalo said:
    no place on any website can i find out if a intel ssd work in an amd gaming computer.

windows 7 ultma
    system
    mother board msi 890Fxa-GD70
    amd phenom II x 6 3.2mhz
    16 gig gskil ram
    nvdia gtx 470
    drive 0 279gb @ 10k
    drive 1 1.5 tb
    drive 2 279 gb @ 10k
    drive 3 and 4 external one 300gb wd ext other hot plug for 1 to 3 tb

i want to add as boot drive intel ssd will i have to reformat all drives to the new format/control and will the intel ssd work in system it does have usb 3.0 and sata 3
    i actually have 5 of these systems and trying to finish up the last one.

Just get this and do a clean install if u want to enjoy the full performance of the fast SSD world.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147133
  5. i did not pick a best reply as they were all good but none the full answer each gave something to what i needed the original question was will the intell ssd work in an amd system all i needed was yes or no as i did my reasearch on all the different drives and weavs and such. i appreaciate all the answers. even the ad one.

katzhalo
  6. i understand that i get notices from tomshardware but changeing the name of the post is not right nothing was ever ask for laptops. i ask about ssd for desktops and gave a list of the computer check your program tomshardware web master and get it right!!!!!

katzhalo
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Intel Windows 7 Product