Compro VideoMate Vista E850F Cold Boot Issue

I have a great custom built system - ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, AMD Phenom 3.4GHZ CPU, 4GB Corsair RAM, GTX560 Video Card, 1TB HDD; a great rig. Recently, I purchased a Compro VideoMate Vista E850F TV Tuner, and it works reasonably well in that it allows me to watch TV on my PC. However, there's a weird issue with it which is...

1. Cold Boot PC in the morning; the TV Tuner is 'lost'; it does not appear in device manager; there's nothing under Sound Video and Game Controllers, nor any yellow icons that indicate a malfunctioning device.

2. If I then shutdown and Restart Windows 7; the Card is 'found'; it's there where it should be, in Sound Video and Game Controllers! Why does this happen? All I know is that the Card shares IRQ 18 with PCI standard PCi-to-PCI Bridge and OHCI Compliant Host Controller. The Compro Tv Tuner also shares the same memory address of the PCi-to-PCI Bridge, 0xFB400000-0xFB7FFFFF. Could the sharing of IRQ and memory addresses be causing the problem of the Compro TV Tuner not being 'found' on first (cold) boot?
3 answers Last reply
More about compro videomate vista e850f cold boot issue
  1. What Nvidia drivers are you using? I also use a Compro card and it doesn't seem to like the 295.51 drivers.
  2. Mousemonkey said:
    What Nvidia drivers are you using? I also use a Compro card and it doesn't seem to like the 295.51 drivers.

I'm using the 290.53 drivers; 295.51 didn't seem like that much of an update to be worth downloading.
  3. You could try the new 295.73 drivers that came out today, it might fix the problem or it might not. Compro are not that good in releasing new drivers themselves I've noticed so there is not much you can do there other than uninstalling their drivers and then reinstalling them.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Windows Vista Graphics