Shortcuts in the taskbar

I am new to using XP and I am about to throw my computer out the window. How
in the heck do you get shortcuts to show up on the task bar? I drag them
down there, but then they disappear! HELP!!!!!

It is called Quick Launch. Is Quick Launch showing?

Right click the Taskbar | Properties | Taskbar tab |
Make sure this is checked: ? Show Quick Launch
Apply | OK

[[Displays the Quick Launch bar on the taskbar. The Quick Launch bar is a
customizable toolbar that lets you display the Windows desktop or start a
program with a single click. You can add buttons to start your favorite
programs.]]

[[If you right-click an empty area on the taskbar and do not see the
Toolbars option, click Lock the Taskbar to clear the check mark. ]]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch
and
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:1D27D9FD-AC54-4517-84CF-2E43D3D9914D@microsoft.com,
MsJake <MsJake@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I am new to using XP and I am about to throw my computer out the
> window. How in the heck do you get shortcuts to show up on the task
> bar? I drag them down there, but then they disappear! HELP!!!!!

Before dragging shortcuts to the Taskbar, right-click on
the Taskbar and select "Lock the Taskbar" to unlock it.
Then repeat the process after dragging the shortcuts to
the Taskbar to lock it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP