Sign in with
Your question

Fried CPU?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 11, 2012 3:20:09 AM

Hello everyone,

So the other day I was in the middle of gaming and my computer shutdown no bluescreen. When I tried to reboot the monitor didn't even receive a signal, At first I thought it might be a GPU problem so I removed my GPU and switched to internal graphics, same problem. I then went to clear the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery. Same problem. What happened I think I fried my CPU or Motherboard?

More about : fried cpu

August 11, 2012 3:34:27 PM

lik3abau55 said:
Hello everyone,

So the other day I was in the middle of gaming and my computer shutdown no bluescreen. When I tried to reboot the monitor didn't even receive a signal, At first I thought it might be a GPU problem so I removed my GPU and switched to internal graphics, same problem. I then went to clear the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery. Same problem. What happened I think I fried my CPU or Motherboard?

POWER SUPPLY. Been there ...... DONE that . Sorry.
m
l
August 11, 2012 4:46:33 PM

Power supply may be.. But do you get any power or not at all? fans spins, sounds, lights??
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 11, 2012 4:55:36 PM

List out your CPU, Mobo and PSU please. It sounds like your PSU failed
m
l
August 12, 2012 12:45:19 AM

4100 FX @ 4.7 Ghz || Antec 920 || Asus M5a88-V Evo || Kingston Hyper X 8Gb || Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce || Corsair TX 650 || WD 500 GB ||

I recently upgrade my GPU to the 670, I had to beef up my PSU from 500 to 650 to be safe.

So I took everyone's advice, and I tried my old PSU without a GPU. Oddly the problem remains and the PSU swap appear to not make a difference.

All fans spin/light up everything checks out like a normal boot although the speaker doesn't make the beep it normally does. The board doesn't have an error readout sadly. Any ideas?
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 12, 2012 3:42:22 PM

You have all the connections from the PSU to the motherboard connected, i.e., the 24 pin and the 6/8 pin by the CPU? If you tried both PSU's with the GPU installed and nothing you may have fried your mobo somehow
m
l
!