Connecting PC to TV wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow1942

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
hey guys,

I recently finished building my new PC (happy to provide specs if needed) and I also bought a new panasonic gt30 HDTV.

I trying to find a way to show my PC screen on the TV without having to use DVI cables just doing it wirelessly, I linked the TV to my network no problems as it has a wireless dongle included, this allows we to access the viera live crap.

I was advised when buying my TV that if I have a PC with windows 7 and a second gen i7 2600k that I can just directly show my PC screen however I have no idea how to do this just wondering if anyone has done this before and any advice or guide they could provide. Basically I don't just want viera connect, I want the full PC access like you get when directly plugged in.

Thanks

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
As an alternative to using cables, you can also use Wi-Fi to connect computers and TVs wirelessly. Because televisions do not ordinarily support Wi-Fi, you will need to install a separate unit between the computer and TV. One common solution is called a Wireless PC to TV system or [i[Digital Media Receiver. These products connect via AV cable to the TV and supply Wi-Fi connections to any computer in the home.

Another wireless PC to TV connectivity option is based on Windows Media Center Edition (MCE). If you purchase a Windows XP or Windows Vista PC with the MCE application included, this system contains built in wireless connectivity support for streaming images to your television. Some of these systems also support TV tuner cards that allow your computer to receive incoming television signals. Finally, you can extend the capability of a Media Center PC across an entire wireless home network by installing a Media Center Extender product like the LInksys DMA2100.

It looks like the salesman took advantage of u not knowing and sold u the TV.

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/WHDI-Kits-Explored-Asus-Wicast-briteView-HDelight/

[flash=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/v/ox8AJWbWs7o&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3[/flash]

shadow1942

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Thanks for the info guys I've provided more information hoping it'll help.

The TV came with a wireless dongle and is connected to my network, I can access the standard apps like ABC iview and youtube. What I was hopin was to get my PC monitor to display on the TV.

I used to have my old panasonic connected to my PC with a DVI cable and I could then control the pc using a wireless mouse and keyboard in short just making my TV a monitor.

The new TV is a panasonic GT30 which I have found excellent and it was very easy to connect it to my netwrok, but I haven't as yet been able to just display whats on my PC. It may just be settings on the TV that I haven't checked, I'm currently upgrading to windows 7 and adding either mezzmo or twonky so I can make the PC DLNA compliant so the TV will recognie it as a media server. However this only allows me to play music or videos I have stored on the PC but doesn't just allow the PC infomation to be displayed so I can surf the web etc

I might have a look at nikoor's suggestion as it seems to display exacting whats on the pc screen

The dongle is just for the internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS