Mobbba

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Hi guys. What kind of motherboard would be ideal for an i7 3770k (planning to overclock to 4.2-4.5 tops)? Looking for something with SLI as well, planning on getting a second GTX 560 TI TwinFrozrIII 448, and a Hyper 212 Evo cooler. I'd prefer something around $140, but I can go a bit over that. Thanks for any help!

^ This, just some more power phases and a little more features, but that's about it. Otherwise the Extreme4 will be just fine and will do anything you ask it to do :)

iMuf

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
I literally just got my 3770k and motherboard the other day (I myself am doing a new build). I went with the Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard. I heard a lot of good things about it as well as the sabertooth p68 (I believe is what it was called). So that's what i went with

Oh definitely, the Sabertooth line of boards are all excellent overclockers along with having excellent feature sets.

However, I don't think it would be good for OP considering it's $100 more than his budget. Any of the boards listed above will get the job done :)