Sign in with
Your question
Solved

680 sli triple monitor

Last response: in Systems
April 28, 2012 1:46:02 PM

I plan on buying two 680's sometime this summer(if available) and I was wondering if it would be better to go with a triple monitor setup or a dual monitor or even a single. What are the pros and cons of each? Also, will the 680 sli keep three monitors and still have 60+ fps

More about : 680 sli triple monitor

Best solution

a b C Monitor
April 28, 2012 3:15:13 PM

I am a fan of a triple monitor setup. It offers a huge resolution at a relatively low price compared to the HD+ 27" and 30" monitors that cost around 1000$ a pop. Many people say the bezels of the monitors get in the way but that is not true. If they actually had an AMD Eyefinity or Nvidia Surround setup they would know the your brain doesn't really register them when you are so immersed in gaming.

Quote:
Also, will the 680 sli keep three monitors and still have 60+ fps

In most games yes, they will have around 60fps. Anywhere from 40-60 is very good BTW.
April 28, 2012 3:40:26 PM

I had 3x20" displays in Surround at one point, and the only thing I would suggest is investing in a good single stand that can hold all 3 displays and allows the displays to rotate to portrait orientation. You'll get a square display vs one very wide rectangle.
m
l
Related resources
April 28, 2012 3:47:01 PM

boiler1990 said:
I had 3x20" displays in Surround at one point, and the only thing I would suggest is investing in a good single stand that can hold all 3 displays and allows the displays to rotate to portrait orientation. You'll get a square display vs one very wide rectangle.

you have any recommendations for a stand?
m
l
April 28, 2012 5:01:42 PM

I know Ergotron makes some pretty nice ones. The ones that can hold 24" displays run about $250, but from what I've heard they're well balanced (won't tip over) and well built. FWIW I was planning to buy one if I ever get a 3x24" setup.
m
l
April 28, 2012 5:04:06 PM

boiler1990 said:
I know Ergotron makes some pretty nice ones. The ones that can hold 24" displays run about $250, but from what I've heard they're well balanced (won't tip over) and well built. FWIW I was planning to buy one if I ever get a 3x24" setup.

thanks I believe ill mostly likely be getting 21" monitors. If I decide that triple monitors is truly worth the extra cash. If I do make a triple monitor setup Ill definitely invest in a stand
m
l
April 28, 2012 5:12:08 PM

You can do it without a stand if you have a large desk, but it's hard to get them all exactly in the right orientation/height sometimes.

If you do any sort of work, having 3 monitors is fantastic. I think it should be standard on all workstations in businesses; I used to write lab reports on the center, with a data spreadsheet and lab procedure on the other two, and it was nice I didn't have to switch windows at all.
m
l
April 28, 2012 5:14:49 PM

boiler1990 said:
You can do it without a stand if you have a large desk, but it's hard to get them all exactly in the right orientation/height sometimes.

If you do any sort of work, having 3 monitors is fantastic. I think it should be standard on all workstations in businesses; I used to write lab reports on the center, with a data spreadsheet and lab procedure on the other two, and it was nice I didn't have to switch windows at all.

Maybe in the future ill do something but right now its just strict gaming. And three monitors will have a crazy fov
m
l
May 8, 2012 12:14:17 AM

Best answer selected by HouseBoratheon.
m
l
!