No sound after upgrade Windows 7!

bigtrev85

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Hi community! Quick explanation. I upgraded my pc yesterday with new psu and water cooling. worked great. then I added another 6850 and went back to playing bf3. No sound! i uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them. I cleared the drives and reinstalled Windows. No luck. Messed with which devices where primary. Tried headphones through front usb. no luck works through my 6850 when I connect it to my HDTV. So it looks like my primary sound device on my board is just plain messed up. I even went into my BIOS to see if it the board was set to default. When it is hooked up to my board all I hear is this feedback kinda stuff. Like when I move the mouse I can HEAR it. Like a light-saber sort of. WTF is going on? It worked fine before! I'm so afraid I totally screwed up my huge investment for good! Help!!!

This is what I have done
Checked Master Volume control.
Checked Windows Audio Service is started.
Checked Device Manager for bad drivers.
Checked your audio mixer software
Checked BIOS to insure on-board sound is enabled.
Installed the correct Chipset and Audio drivers.

bigtrev85

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply. I have already installed ALL of the drivers that came with my MOBO. I checked Bios to make sure it wasn't disabled. The main device is my primary/default. I'm convinced that it has something to do with either my PSU or my Ram.

bigtrev85

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Well I swapped everything in my pc to what it was when I originally built the damn thing. Still the same "Light-Saber" feedback with actual sound being very, very, very faint. I even went the extra step and uninstalled everything again, ran only one stick of RAM, default PSU and no GPU. Just straight MOBO. No help. MOBO must be damaged.