Haswell Integrated Graphics Up to 3X faster than HD 4000!

http://wccftech.com/haswell-times-faster-ivy-bridge/

Since the HD4000 right now is about the performance of a radeon HD 5550, this means Haswell's IGP should be around the HD 5750 and GTS 250.

I should be interesting in the laptop market if true.

nVidia is getting squeezed in the low end market of discrete GPUs. Benchmarks have shown that the Intel HD 4000 performs slightly better on average than nVidia's GT 610m graphic card.

Well probably see some preliminary benchmarks mid or late Q1 2013.

Uther39

Distinguished

So going by the current rate of IGP advancement by both Intel and AMD, i think that by 2015 we will have one with the same performance as a 560ti/7870, dont you think?

I would say Haswell's IGP would likely be as powerful as a desktop Radeon HD 5670 or nVidia GT 9600 if the 3x rumor is true.

Getting from there to a 560Ti / 7870 in just 2 more years is extremely unlikely.

AMD's fastest IGP is only slightly faster than a Radeon HD 5570.

Uther39

Distinguished

I guess we will have to wait and seee.

And then come back to this thread in 2015 so either one of us can say... " I told you so " :)

This is how it screws AMD and Nvidia, the average joe doesn't need high performance graphics to do everything. They can just use the onboard IGP to watch videos, surf the web, and even now game!

But, I'm more interested in the overclockability in the Haswell IGP!

The affect on AMD is not going to be as great as it would be compared to nVidia.

AMD is already producing CPUs with very capable IGPs anyway. The eventual elimination of socket AM3+ to be replaced by socket FMx will mean that AMD will only be producing their so called "APUs" for the consumer market.

AMD can still produce low end graphic cards because they can hybrid crossfire with their APUs. The market potential will be somewhat small unless AMD can increase their presence in the desktop consumer market. nVidia must basically abandon the low end graphic card segment since there will simply not be a need for them. nVidia's lowest end cards would probably have to be at least 15% faster than either Intel or AMD's IGP to be able to garner sales (at least to informed buyers).

^ But most growth is in the mobile sector, not desktop. And there will be a big market for NV SoC and IGPs in the ARM tablet/ultramobile segment.

Looks like NV is taking away marketshare from AMD in the high-end GPU market as well, from various news reports lately.