Apr 28, 2012
I have been trying to assemble a PC, and these are my parts:

CPU: Intel i7-2600k Sandy Bridge
Mobo: Asus P8z68-v le
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce Gtx 560
PSU: Cooler Master Bronze 750W
RAM: Kingston 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 Ram x4
HDD: Seagate 1.5TB

I have everything working, excpet my GPU. My system somehow does not recognize the Gtx 560, and instead uses the intergrated graphics from my CPU. And I have tried absolutely everything to correct this, and come to the conclusion that it's a compatibility problem (not DOA, works on friend's computer). What GPU should I get that would be good and compatibile with my rig? I was thinking of Gtx 570.

Thanks

Mark_F

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Just to check, did you hook up the extra power connectors in the GPU? (might seem a silly question but...)

Is the BIOS set to use the integrated graphics instead of auto detecting? (ref motherboard manual)

Have you tried another GPU in that motherboard?

Teinis

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
Yeah I have 2 6-pin connectors hooked to the GPU.
Also in the BIOS I set the preferred graphics to PCI-E/PCI, yet the intergrated graphics still keep on showing up.
And I did try my friend's custom Gtx 540 which worked, so it's not a mobo problem either.

Mark_F

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Theres no real reason why the 560 would be incompatible, so something strange is going on between the card and the motherboard. I'd have no idea how to sort other than retrying everything and essentially relying on luck, or speaking to the shop for an exchange.

Teinis

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
Ok thanks for your advice, I'll try talking to the shop.

Meanwhile does anyone else have any suggestions? I really need this to work so please help.

Mark_F

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
It COULD be PSU related too, but i mention talking to the shop as i've googled "p8z68 gpu problems" and it seems as though you are far from alone (a few topics on this site too, differing gpu's).

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out though and get it working.

Teinis

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
Yeah I found similar problems on the internet also, but none of them have been fixed. It also got me thinking though, if it comes down to it should I get a new GPU or a new mobo?

Mark_F

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
If it were me, and nothing fixes it, i'd replace the mobo first (but if you got both from the same shop, maybe they can test for you)