Detox108

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Hi

I just bought a brand new computer, and I want to do some overclocking. Problem is, I've never overclocked before and I don't want to screw anything up.

Here are the hardware specs of my computer...

http://pc.ncix.com/pcbuilder/index.php?action=getprice&id=2406530&platformid=1000

I want to know how to overclock it with stock fans and air cooling to a good speed while being stable. I'd appreciate a step-by-step guide on exactly what to do get get a good oc.

And also possible, any ways to overclock my ram and video card.

Thanks/

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Have you tried reading the stickies found in the appropriate sections ?

How much of an overclock you end up getting really depends on your willingness to mod your hardware, especially with that 7600GT. Be warned though, your chances of screwing up are high if you don't know what you are doing.

Daimajin

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2005
If it's not too late, I'd advise the P5B deluxe motherboard over the one you chose just because I've seen a lot of 100% overclocks with that board after the new bios update was released. Also, maybe look into another HSF.

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
I seriously doubt that he is intending to break any OC'ing records, beside, the GA-965-DS3 is reported (on XS) to feature the same "unlocked downward" multipliers as a P5B Deluxe with the 0507 BIOS.

Same goes for your advice to get a new HSF, let him experiment with the stock HSF for now, it is good enough for a moderate OC...

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
the ram could better for OCing...

And how does that comment helps in any way, shape or form ? You're not even suggesting an alternative of your own ! He already bought his stuff and none of it is a bad buy AFAIK, deal with it !

dougie_boy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
the ram could better for OCing...

And how does that comment helps in any way, shape or form ? You're not even suggesting an alternative of your own ! He already bought his stuff and none of it is a bad buy AFAIK, deal with it !

i was just making an observation.
everyone else was pointin him in the right direction.
that okay?