How do I make icon files?

Hullo,

I want to make a few jpegs into icon files. How do I turn a picture into an
icon file?

Much thanks,
Leah
3 answers Last reply
More about make icon files

    Hi,

    There is a really good freeware program to do this. You can have a look at IrfanView at:

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Destroy the Map" <Destroy the Map@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hullo,
    >
    > I want to make a few jpegs into icon files. How do I turn a picture into an
    > icon file?
    >
    > Much thanks,
    > Leah

    You can purchase Microangelo
    or use IrfanView which is a very useful freeware program; you can save lots
    of formats as .ico files, you will need some experimenting with the original
    image before you get a usable icon but usually the results are very
    satisfactory.

    Activo
  3. Microangelo is hardly a tool to recommend when making icons from jpegs. Look at this blog for more info http://blog.rw-designer.com/2006/10/image-to-icon-comparison/