How do I make icon files?

November 26, 2004 4:09:02 PM

Hullo,

I want to make a few jpegs into icon files. How do I turn a picture into an
icon file?

Much thanks,
Leah

More about : make icon files

Anonymous
November 26, 2004 8:54:41 PM

Hi,

There is a really good freeware program to do this. You can have a look at IrfanView at:

http://www.irfanview.com/

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Destroy the Map" <Destroy the Map@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 1BCD1C1-1FAF-4C9F-A78A-01A9F726D76A@microsoft.com...
> Hullo,
>
> I want to make a few jpegs into icon files. How do I turn a picture into an
> icon file?
>
> Much thanks,
> Leah
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 2:31:38 AM

You can purchase Microangelo
or use IrfanView which is a very useful freeware program; you can save lots
of formats as .ico files, you will need some experimenting with the original
image before you get a usable icon but usually the results are very
satisfactory.

Activo