Gtx 560 Ti 1 GB versus 2 GB

Boopoo

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Same exact cards and more Vram means nicer picture at resolution above 1080P but the 560ti doesn't have much gusto anyway for resolution above 1080P so best to get 2x 560ti 2GB and run them at HD+ then they make sense but Radeon has them beat right now so ...

jeffredo

Distinguished
I'm playing Skyrim @ 1680x1050 with a 1GB card (GTX 460 OC'd to 875 Mhz). Since the new HD Textures DLC came out I find myself completely filling the frame buffer of that card before the card's processing power would run out (verified by Afterburner). Same thing has happened to me on two other RPGs I've recently played with the in game graphics settings on maximum. Even if you don't take "full advantage" of 2GB of VRAM its better than having a game slow down or stutter because your 1024 MB is full and you needed another couple hundred. There's no way I'd buy a 1GB card right now, midrange or otherwise. Especially if you game at 1080p.

penguin_guy

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Isn't strong enough? Wow, i pay a card nearly one month salary of a man and still it is not strong enough to take advantage of 2GB RAM. Crap.

sunnk

Distinguished
Basically at higher resolutions more textures are loaded and in order to keep all these textures/high settings/AA to run smoothly you need more VRAM. If you don't have enough VRAM you have to turns things like AA down in order for the game to run smoothly. Like with RAM, more you have, more smoothly multiple programs will run at the same time. With more vram, more textures and detailed can be loaded and run smoothly.

A lot of games use well over 1GB of this buffer for various reasons (large textures, AA, backbuffering, high resolutions) but the point is, just because they're using more doesn't mean they are rendering more frames per second.

Basically, in a game, if a 2GB card uses 1.2GB and a 1GB card uses 1GB, the 1GB card probably won't perform any differently because it still has space to prepare and send out frames at the same rate.

in my opinion 2 gb one will be better.:)

penguin_guy

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

This is not 560Ti. This just 560 :non:

What about using 2 monitors?